The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on Team 1040

Jimbo572

It's about a determined effort to impose one's will upon any single game or series and so far we have let the other guys "out will" us. Of course this assumes that the teams are relatively evenly matched and that in determining to win we actually have a fighting chance. Great teams have this ability on tap and can be dominant in the face of, what would be to other teams, debilitating circumstances (tragedies, injuries, referee bias, league conspiracy). The Canucks, I'm afraid, do not possess enough qualities of a great team and will therefore have to suffer the pain of loses to their close rivals (unless of course lady luck is on their side ... but that's a whole other story).

On the plus side, Benning does sounds rested and rejuvenated after his Swiss vacation. Lets hope he can get back to work and help the Canucks.

Yeah, because that's what he was doing. It's not like he was scouting or doing anything important like that. :rolleyes:

It doesn't bother you when the GM says when we're down 3-1 and getting outplayed that "We have more experience than they do, and we've been competing"?

I like JB, but would rather he come on and be honest with us and say "We've been getting pushed around and I know we're a better team than what we've seen lately, but I can assure you we'll compete harder because this isn't good enough" or something.

Whats he suppose to say? They suck? Lol ya thats how you get players to respect and play hard for you?? Lol

Edit. Never read second paragraph lol sorry.

And he probably does. Just not to the media. Everything happens behind closed doors like they should with this team.

Our problem in the past was stirring up crap with the media. And tha has changed

"CHANGE IS COMING"

People should be praising Benning for the job he's done with this team. While some players have gone flat so far this series, that's not Bennings' fault. Signing Miller and Vrbata was great. The only questionable thing was the contract he gave to Sbisa.

Watch out at this years' draft, Benning will find us a steal.

They are competing. Open your eyes.

they were not competing at all for the bulk of last game. If by competing you mean 'playing like they were desperately holding on to a one goal lead whilst they were down by 2' ...then sure.

Judge Benning by what he does in the summer. That is when his real work is done.

I got the impression that he learned something on his trip and that he would like to move up on his 23rd pick (although it might be tough to do). Also, that he wants more picks in the second round for example.

He has a plan and something is in the works.

compete - take part in a contest.

They are competing and do every game.

Do they always play their best? No.

I get tired of people misusing 'compete' as the latest buzzword in sports. The very fact that someone is playing the game means they are competing.

Getting into the playoffs this year was a bonus...Benning and Linden have a plan, and it might be as long as 5 years, to bring us the Cup. As much as we'd all like to win 3-4 rounds this year, did any of us seriously think we would? The issue of support for the Sedins is still the root of the problem with this team and can't be addressed in one season. The Sedins get us in every year (except for last years fiasco) but it isn't often first liners that win the playoff games, its the 2-4 liners, goaltending and the D.

Linden, Benning and WD are here for a while so lets not judge them on one playoff because we haven't seen the team they built yet, only a couple pieces of it. It will take time.

As he said "we've had two good drafts, and we expect to have another". He is building this team through the draft.

I thought Benning was our GM not our head scout. My mistake. It's not like the draft is 9 weeks away and he could of watched those games after the Canucks were eliminated.

Rookie GM with a rookie mistake.

This post makes no sense whatsoever. Is he going to make any difference if he stayed here or on a scouting trip?

I thought Benning was our GM not our head scout. My mistake. It's not like the draft is 9 weeks away and he could of watched those games after the Canucks were eliminated.

Someone needs a timeout <_<

yeah totally he can go watch a tournament full of u18s that wouldnt even be on for sure...

Archived