The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Matt O'Connor signs 2 year deal with Sens

This sucks thought we'd get him

Really? I thought we werent really that great of a choice for him. Way too many goalies to have to compete with.

I have to respectfully disagree sir. Markstrom has always had geret numbers outside the NHL but has never been able to translate tgat into any kind of decent NHL game.

I don't see him being any more then an OK backup at this point, I woud say if you can get anything in trade for him take it.

See where Demko is in 2-3 years because I feel he will be ready to go.

Markstrom has potential and is still young. His stock is the lowest its pretty much ever been so it would be a terrible waste to dump him for peanuts.

Even though there is a totally new management group does this goalie fiasco hang over the Canucks? I would hope not. It should follow Gillis around [if he ever hopes to find another GM job].

It's not a fiasco dude, we just don't have a CLEAR number one. There are many teams in the same boat. Our outlook is less bleak, however, because our goalies are still very solid and we have a potential star netminder in the system (Demko) and one that is still young enough to prove he's not a bust (Markstrom was the Lundqvist of the AHL guys, he did look shaky in the bigs again this year which is unsettling, but he needs to be a backup and work himself into form).

I'd trade Miller. Get younger. But if Lack can fetch a 1st in a package, we jump on it. Then Marky backs up Miller and starts 20 games.

Exactly. No way Chicago offered as much as Anaheim.

What are you talking about? Chicago knew Vancouver was handcuffed? The Hawks themselves were handcuffed by the cap. We struggled to fit in a 2mil Richards into our cap, how the hell were we going to fit Kesler. I don't think Kesler ever believed Chicago was a likely option but he named 2 contenders from the West and chose those teams. A smart decision seeing as how this years playoffs are trending.

What are you talking about? Chicago knew Vancouver was handcuffed? The Hawks themselves were handcuffed by the cap. We struggled to fit in a 2mil Richards into our cap, how the hell were we going to fit Kesler. I don't think Kesler ever believed Chicago was a likely option but he named 2 contenders from the West and chose those teams. A smart decision seeing as how this years playoffs are trending.

Exactly so either way Chicago didn't offer nearly as much as Anaheim.

Time to make the nets bigger, btw..all these young gt's appear to be Humongous-big.

Ah well, we're fine in nets...

Better not! Remember Luongo will retire if NHL make the net bigger! And that mean the Canucks are screwed... :/

Archived