The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trading our first round pick

Nucksfollower1983

I see your point but what if the situation were reversed what do you think the player they would want in return would be? I'll give you a hint his initials are B.H. would Vancouver trade him for just a first, no but if we wanted one badly enough, we just might consider a package of a first +

Definitely, but I just don't see the Pens giving up Maatta or Pouliot for the position we're picking at even if we add a Kassian or Corrado. They can get a higher draft pick in a better package elsewhere.

Would you trade Horvat for a low end first round pick and Beau Bennett? I wouldn't.

What kind of trade did you have in mind to acquire Maatta or Pouliot?

No thanks to Pouliot... Maybe Maatta. But if I were to make a deal with Pittsburgh, it would be for Malkin. Although I'm not quite sure what we'd have to give up.

To VAN:
Malkin

To PIT:

Sedins

Gaunce

Lack

2015 1st

2016 1st

2016 2nd

Malkin has been rumored to be on the trade block ever since they got knocked out..

I'm certain we'd more likely see Benning trade Hamhuis + 23rd overall to a team in the top 10, and draft Barzal.

Why the f**k would we need defence with Henrik Sedin retiring soon and our top 4 locked up.

Pittsburgh is rumored to be trying to acquire a first round pick in this years draft. If we can use our pick to get Pouliot or Maatta should we or would you guys rather see us keep the pick in what is supposed to be a deep draft?

Not going to happen, Pens aren't looking to move young players for a pick, they need to stock pile youth not dumping great prospects for a 1st

frack no. We need defensive blue chippers in a bad way. We take the BDA at 23rd or trade up to acquire a better one.

The idea I had was to somehow move up for Columbus's 8th overall. Then with that select Werenski or Provorov and with the 23rd take whoever between Kylington/Meloche is still available.

Edler - Werenski

Kylington/Meloche - Tanev

Tryamkin - Subban

Bam. Need for a blue chip defender is no more.

I'm certain we'd more likely see Benning trade Hamhuis + 23rd overall to a team in the top 10, and draft Barzal.

Why the f**k would we need defence with Henrik Sedin retiring soon and our top 4 locked up.

If we somehow moved into the top 10 we wouldn't be taking Barzal. If he's around at 23 I'd take him though. No way we get Pouliot or Matta unless we overpay.

A b grade prospect? I know its not NHL 15 but a first round pick in a deep draft should be an A prospect. didn't we just take McCann at 24 in what was supposed to be a weak draft yet everyone on here loves him. what could we get at 23 this year?

This is Vancouver, the fans always overrate thier prospects. Remember when Coho was supposed to be our next captain?

Because we have 8 forwards picked in the first round, 2 already on the team waiting for a chance at Hank & Danny's positions when they retire.

We have ZERO D with a first round pedigree waiting to jump into our roster.

Both our NHL forward crew & our forward prospects are significantly higher end than our D troops.

No thanks to Pouliot... Maybe Maatta. But if I were to make a deal with Pittsburgh, it would be for Malkin. Although I'm not quite sure what we'd have to give up.

To VAN:

Malkin

To PIT:

Sedins

Gaunce

Lack

2015 1st

2016 1st

2016 2nd

Malkin has been rumored to be on the trade block ever since they got knocked out..

Yeah cause the cap doesnt exist, never mind that this is a gigantic overpayment.

Archived