The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trading our first round pick

Nucksfollower1983

No thanks to Pouliot... Maybe Maatta. But if I were to make a deal with Pittsburgh, it would be for Malkin. Although I'm not quite sure what we'd have to give up.

To VAN:

Malkin

To PIT:

Sedins

Gaunce

Lack

2015 1st

2016 1st

2016 2nd

Malkin has been rumored to be on the trade block ever since they got knocked out..

I think its more like -

To Van -

Sidney Crosby (On hook for 7million)

To Pitts -

Bonino

Vrbata

Vey

Jensen

1st 2015

Dane Fox

Beg Them (This guy is unknown, but according to scouts, he has potential)

I think its more like -

To Van -

To Pitts -

Bonino

Vrbata

Vey

Jensen

1st 2015

Dane Fox

Still not enough

corrado isn't a difference maker. he's a 6/7/8 minute soaker.

One of Subban/McNally (if we can sign him), Corrado and our first for Pouliot and there 2nd...?

Problem with Pouliot is that he's a lefty... :(

our 1st pick for Malkin straight up!

Best draft in years I'd rather keep our first. Maybe send them the 2016 1st and as another poster noted, balance out the cap issue by sending them Bieksa...

I think its more like -

To Van -

To Pitts -

Bonino

Vrbata

Vey

Jensen

1st 2015

Dane Fox

Good one. :bigblush: If you were Pittsburgh would you make this trade? Entertaining thought though.

A b grade prospect? I know its not NHL 15 but a first round pick in a deep draft should be an A prospect. didn't we just take McCann at 24 in what was supposed to be a weak draft yet everyone on here loves him. what could we get at 23 this year?

This isn't NHL15, not everyone in the first round is an 'A grade prospect.

We should trade our first and maybe Gaunce or Cassels for Craig Anderson...

your nuts... same with the guy that gave you a bonus point for your suggestion...we have enough goalies atm and we need our young guns.. unless its for a number one pick i would agree gaunce and cassels but not for another goalie...

your nuts... same with the guy that gave you a bonus point for your suggestion...we have enough goalies atm and we need our young guns.. unless its for a number one pick i would agree gaunce and cassels but not for another goalie...

I think you meant "You're* nuts". Otherwise you should elaborate on what you intend on doing with their nuts.

English lessons aside he was obviously joking.

I think that Pittsburgh would be willing to trade young players and/or picks unlike some.

Crosby is only getting older and they are in a win-now mode. We could probably find a package to get their pick plus Pouliot.

I even think they want to win now so much that they would be willing to take Vrbata and give us good assets in return.

Penguins are likely to lose Martin and Ehrhoff this year... I don't see them letting Maata or Pouliot go too for a 1st rounder unless the deal gets bigger with veteran D going back that way.

Pouliot and Maata aren't going anywhere. If the Pens make a trade it'd be to improve their forward depth anyway

Archived