The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Vey Appreciation Thread

thejazz97

Dude was in his rookie year, he needs to continue to learn the game. He could develop into a pretty decent player, or he could be a bust; only time will tell.

He was placed all over the line up and his role was changing almost every game. He played with everyone and kept flipping back and forth between centre and wing. Obviously that tells us he was number 12 on the chart, but hopefully he gets some consistent offensively gifted line mates and we see what he can develop to. Kassian Hansen and or Virtanen might work with him

I'll reserve judgement for another 2 seasons

Love him or hate him you'all better hope he succeeds because frankly he's the ONLY play making centre in the organisation other than Henrik. A lot of future rests on Veys shoulders. Or you start looking for another one. Most of the other prospects are effort and muscle

He'd clear waivers.

Bravo.... After a jillions of posts someone reduced it to it's true essence. I don't dislike Vey but I think you're right.

I'm not sure that he wouldn't get claimed by a bottom barrel team that is looking for youth movement

I'm not sure that he wouldn't get claimed by a bottom barrel team that is looking for youth movement

I'd put money on he would get claimed, low cost, high reward in another year or so. A GM would have to be nuts to pass him over

It's really too bad that Vey wasn't in the minors for the Comets run. Maybe he would have been a difference. Probably not, but you never know.

yeah, was the Monarchs 2nd highest scorer last season.... Would have helped them sweep the comets if he was still there

yeah, was the Monarchs 2nd highest scorer last season.... Would have helped them sweep the comets if he was still there

Yeah Vey was one of the Manchester Monarchs (LA Kings ) go to prospect last season...you know the Manchester team that just won the Calder Cup. Manchester is just outside of Boston so I'm sure JB saw a lot of this guy last season before he swung the deal. Now apprently Vcr fans would like ti write him off LOL

Linden Vey is surface mold.

C'mon this is the Linden Vey Appreciation Thread. And this comment got 2 likes.... :unsure:

They picked up Vey because he has character. Give him a chance to adjust to the game at the highest level. He has been successful at every level of hockey he has played to this point.

If he has the character they think he has, then he'll come back stronger and will have worked on his skating (Bo has done this, if he shows some leadership, he could help Vey out). We may all be surprised by this guy.

Archived