The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Cody Hodgson Could Be Bought Out

As a team, the Canucks need to get younger, faster and tougher right?

And we want Cody back because?

Because we're sentimental. Hodgson, Santo and Lapierre are all available and can combine with Henrik, who has been here since the dawn of time, for Old Home Week! We could even bring back Raymond and Ehrhoff so they'll have more folks to say Hello to.

It would, of course, mean that in order to get Horvat some playing time they'd have to send him to Utica, but hey, he's still exempt from waivers and think how much he'd develop being the star in Utica and how much he'd contribute to out other prospects developing in a winning environment.

<Please don't anybody bother to point out the timing with Santo doesn't fit. Hopefully there's nobody out there to take this nonsense seriously.>

He could've had a decent career had he told his dad to mind his own damn business. Going to Buffalo ended his career. Coaching merry-go-round, losing culture, forced to play more than he could. Combined with his inability to play defence. Yikes.

In his first full season, he played great and had plenty of ice time. This past season, it was just the opposite. He showed very little effort even when the Sabres went on a 10-3 run. He wasn't forced into any minutes. Just the opposite, his TOI was way down from the previous year. 3rd/4th liners don't get loads of ice time.

Don't play the victim. It wasn't a personal insult at all. It was a schoolyard "funny" that was immature and childish so I edited it out.

I've been on Hodgson's jock strap the whole season. His incredibly bad play and personal effort is inexcusable. I've said it all along on CDC.

Two posts later and you are still avoiding answering me.

CoHo blew up his own career with impatience. He thought he was better than he was.

He is now in the category of "woulda, coulda, shoulda."

"Woulda been a good one, if he coulda kept his ego in check. Shoulda stuck with the game plan."

He's history, leave him there.

Getting bought out by the worst team in the league. Ouch.

If you're going on 26 y.o. and can't beat out the 18-22 year-old rookies gunning for your job, you are in jeopardy of losing it. Cody is at a serious crossroad in his career.

I don't know what kind of players he is currently playing with, but at one point he was playing well when lining up with Vanek. Since the second line center position is once again open to competition, I don't see what's wrong with bringing in a free player to try out for that spot. Put with with Burrows, whom is a defensively responsible player, and Kassian, whom provides some scoring and physicality. It should be a good line.

I don't know what kind of players he is currently playing with, but at one point he was playing well when lining up with Vanek. Since the second line center position is once again open to competition, I don't see what's wrong with bringing in a free player to try out for that spot. Put with with Burrows, whom is a defensively responsible player, and Kassian, whom provides some scoring and physicality. It should be a good line.

The issue isn't who he was playing with. He was tried with just about everybody, including Moulson and Ennis. He just showed a serious lack of effort to get better and it got worse as his minutes were taken away from him. The whole thing became a cascading effect. Take away more time, his effort and play just gets worse. Eventually he became a healthy scratch on more than one occasion. He'd come back, do ok on the ice, then go right back into his lackadaisical rut.

You cant possibly call out a player whos only terrible year is the exact same year his team tanked. The logic behind that is assinine at best.

Last season -28. Previous season -26. The -26 was with 1st line 1st PP minutes. It's no coincedence that he plummetted to the 4th line.

John tavarez is a career -40

Tyler Ennis career -46 (the guy who cody apparently couldnt even look good with. I guess this is codys fault ennis has such a bad rating)

Hodgson is a career -56

What do they have in common? Significant playing time on terrible teams. Want more plus minus comparisons?

Erik karlsson career - 19

Phil kessel career -75

I reppeat:

Those of you who dump on a guy for plAying an absolutely brutal year on a tanking team need to give your heads a shake. If you need to take your frustrations out by chucking Crap at a public figure, at least sound slightly sane.

They put a guy one year removed from his rookie season on the first line? More reason to blame Buffalo. A team that does this is not only stupid but asking to lose. Whats that called again? Oh, yes, tanking.

He will have a bounceback year, mark my words.

I just don't understand the kid. In the CHL he showed he could be an all around dominant force. Dominant in the face-off dot, very reliable on defense, coaches applauded how hard working he was. Yet only his offense translated to the NHL. Everything else fell behind. I can't help but keep thinking he's just a step away from flipping the switch and being a force, but every year we don't see it. He is still just 25, but come on CoHo. If bought out, I don't see him finding much trouble getting a contract from someone though

Archived