The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jeff Skinner is being shopped.

I think if we didn't have Baertschi it would be a move to consider - but it's a big risk and as we do have Baertschi, not one we need to take. And as others have said, he'd get mullered in the West.

He's be great on our second line though

As everyone has said, playing in the West, concussion history, pretty high hit salary wise, he would be a huge risk. He's only missed 16 games over the last two seasons, last year hit only 18 goals, but he's right in the middle of all the Canuck goal scoring leaders, except Vrbata. 23 years old, but I think I'd still pass on the guy. Too bad, he would look good on the second line.

If he was cheap enough maybe but don't see it happening. Concussion issues as all of u have stated is a concern.

maybe if carolina ate some cap Chicago might make a play for him. (If they have to part with Sharp due to cap issues. Chicago would probably take him if they could get his cap hit around 3m. Unlikely though.)

I think if we didn't have Baertschi it would be a move to consider - but it's a big risk and as we do have Baertschi, not one we need to take. And as others have said, he'd get mullered in the West.

Exactly this. Baertschi is playing in the NHL next year and he doens't fit the bottom 6, neither do Skinner. I would be intrigued if he could play RW, though. He could be a younger (and yes, more fragile) version of Vrbata, but I would definitely take a look at him.

Archived