The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

If he can get a little faster there's no reason IMO to believe that he can't be a 1st line player in this league. Great hands, great shot, obviously has a nose for goals and overall just a great player. Definitely not a bad skater right now, but would love to see him get a little quicker. Will be interesting to see him next year with Tyson Jost if Schmaltz decides to go pro with the Blackhawks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Imagine if we did draft Matthews. Boeser and Matthews, would be our Sedin's for the next decade. 

I really hope we draft Matthews, for obvious reasons, but also because it would be cool to have that all-American core of Demko/Boeser/Matthews for the next 10-20 years!

24 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

Got to sign this guy sooner rather than later. He's a beast.

If you were 20 or 21, would you really leave a couple million dollars on the table to finish a degree that you could get at any point in your life? With 3 more years to go before he could potentially walk away from the Canucks, he would really have to hate the organization to wait it out.

Whether or not he impresses enough at camp to earn a contract this year remains to be seen, but with the direction the team is heading, a good summer could potentially fast track him into the NHL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

errr why are we trading Hansen?   doesn't make sense. 

We're making room for our new shiny bobble Brock Boeser.  Maybe Hansen plus Tanev to Edmonton gets us something nice, like another top pick?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

If you were 20 or 21, would you really leave a couple million dollars on the table to finish a degree that you could get at any point in your life? With 3 more years to go before he could potentially walk away from the Canucks, he would really have to hate the organization to wait it out.

Whether or not he impresses enough at camp to earn a contract this year remains to be seen, but with the direction the team is heading, a good summer could potentially fast track him into the NHL. 

He can't come to camp, it interfers with school

Just now, Gstank29 said:

He can't come to camp, it interfers with school

I meant development camp. I'm pretty sure Benning and co. will want him there in a leadership role the same way they pushed Jake this year. It's definitely a long shot, because JB has said they want him to stay in school for another year, but stranger things have happened. He would definitely have to separate himself by a quite a bit to get that contract this summer.

46 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I meant development camp. I'm pretty sure Benning and co. will want him there in a leadership role the same way they pushed Jake this year. It's definitely a long shot, because JB has said they want him to stay in school for another year, but stranger things have happened. He would definitely have to separate himself by a quite a bit to get that contract this summer.

I'm sure they are going to try and sign him after his NCAA season ends this year, whether they will be able to is a different story. If they do, he could join Utica for playoffs (similar to Schroeder). I think a development year in the AHL next year would be optimal for his development (although I don't think another year in the NCAA would hurt either). NCAA is a great way to develop strength due to its easier and more routine schedule, however I don't think that is really an issue for Boeser. I think going through the more difficult and demanding season in the AHL would be best for his development.  The big added benefit of the AHL is that the Canucks could micro-management his development (get the coaches to play him in certain situations, practice certain deficiencies, dictate his workout schedule, etc) in a way they can't when he is in college.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

I'm sure they are going to try and sign him after his NCAA season ends this year, whether they will be able to is a different story. If they do, he could join Utica for playoffs (similar to Schroeder). I think a development year in the AHL next year would be optimal for his development (although I don't think another year in the NCAA would hurt either). NCAA is a great way to develop strength due to its easier and more routine schedule, however I don't think that is really an issue for Boeser. I think going through the more difficult and demanding season in the AHL would be best for his development.  The big added benefit of the AHL is that the Canucks could micro-management his development (get the coaches to play him in certain situations, practice certain deficiencies, dictate his workout schedule, etc) in a way they can't when he is in college.  

For once I agree with a Baumerman post:o:wacko:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This coming from a guy who says Corrado is more than a fringe NHL player.  :lol:. You too funny!  :lol:. I must laugh again. :lol:

Either you're being sarcastic, or you completely missed the point of the sig.

Glad to see I'm not the only one here that thinks (knows) that it's stupid to trade Hansen, tho.

You bring up the fact that you want to move Hansen in every thread, even threads that have nothing to do with Hansen (like this one). As a fan of the player, it's incredibly frustrating.

Dat Boeser, tho...

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Boeser is like Linden and Bure combined. Just not quite as fast as Bure. 

Agree on the Linden part. But having watched Bure all of his career I would have to disagree on that comparison. Bure pre knee injury was the most exciting player ever, even moreso than Ovechkin. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Agree on the Linden part. But having watched Bure all of his career I would have to disagree on that comparison. Bure pre knee injury was the most exciting player ever, even moreso than Ovechkin. 

Absolutely!  Easily the most exciting player since Gilbert Perrault.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Absolutely!  Easily the most exciting player since Gilbert Perrault.  

Better than Gilbert without a doubt. I don't think Bure has had any equals ever in terms of pure excitement. He could do things with the puck at FULL speed that most hockey players couldn't do in warm up. 

I still remember his first game at the Coliseum like it was yesterday against Winnipeg. His first shift he went end to end around every Winnipeg player, went right through both defencemen at full speed and almost scored. There were people in the stands literally crying. Nobody could actually believe that a player this good and exciting was actually wearing a Canucks jersey. We'd never seen anything like it before. Sadly we will probably never see anything like it ever again. In Vancouver and maybe in the entire NHL.

• Upvote 3