The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

16 hours ago, WTG said:

Boeser's assist on Jost's goal

https://streamable.com/0pt3

Yes Boeser got that assist, but what's really exciting is what he does after he loses the puck.  Boeser instinctively moves to open ice, where any rebound would most likely go from a shot.  His instincts for getting to open ice, while staying in a high % scoring position are fantastic.  Most guys either skate into contact, or coast out of the play.  Boeser naturally moves to the open ice.  No way he's thinking either.  That's all instinct, or "nose for the net" stuff.  This guy WILL BE the elite top line guy we need.  

• Upvote 4

With Boeser, Demko, Stetcher and possibly Juolevi probably stepping into the Canucks lineup next year, 2017-18 will be a great year for the organization. We already have Horvat, Virtanen, Baertschi, Granlund, Gaunce, Tryamkin, Hutton and Marsktrom on the team, and they will be a great new addition to the new Canucks. 

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen

Virtanen - Granlund - Rodin

Zalewski

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stetcher

Juolevi, Pedan/Sbisa

Markstrom

Demko

If all goes well, that looks like a pretty good young team. 

42 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

With Boeser, Demko, Stetcher and possibly Juolevi probably stepping into the Canucks lineup next year, 2017-18 will be a great year for the organization. We already have Horvat, Virtanen, Baertschi, Granlund, Gaunce, Tryamkin, Hutton and Marsktrom on the team, and they will be a great new addition to the new Canucks. 

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen

Zalewski

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stetcher

Juolevi, Pedan/Sbisa

Markstrom

Demko

Lets be real for a minute - there is absolutely no way Willie D plays Horvat as the 2nd line C, its clear he has absolutely no idea what hes doing. I highly doubt WD plays Boeser on the 2nd line in his first year, he'll want him to "earn it" from the 4th line first.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen

Zalewski

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryamkin - Stetcher

Juolevi, Pedan/Sbisa

Markstrom

Demko

Hopefully management can move a couple of the veterans to make room for some of this youth.

2 hours ago, Dickie said:

Lets be real for a minute - there is absolutely no way Willie D plays Horvat as the 2nd line C, its clear he has absolutely no idea what hes doing. I highly doubt WD plays Boeser on the 2nd line in his first year, he'll want him to "earn it" from the 4th line first.

I doubt Horvat will stay on the 4th line for the whole season. He will continue to progress this season and rise up the depth chart. By next year, that spot should be his to lose. 

The reason he's on the 4th line now is because he had 2 points in Octover last year. He also struggled defensively last year. If we give him a little time to get his bearings for the season, it could turn out great. At worst, he plays responsible, two-way hockey in a low stakes situation. 

As for Boeser, he'll probably come into camp and earn that spot right away. With our lack of scoring, he might be put in a position to really succeed. 

2 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

Also one of Hansen, Rodin, Gaunce or Gran will most likely be picked up in expansion.  

I forgot about the expansion draft. Hopefully Las Vegas claims Sbisa to get to the cap floor. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Burr's contract is up, so he's gone.  I'm not too sure about Dorsett's though?

I'm assuming that Dorsett is traded or waived in the offseason with my lineup. 

2 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I doubt Horvat will stay on the 4th line for the whole season. He will continue to progress this season and rise up the depth chart. By next year, that spot should be his to lose. 

The reason he's on the 4th line now is because he had 2 points in Octover last year. He also struggled defensively last year. If we give him a little time to get his bearings for the season, it could turn out great. At worst, he plays responsible, two-way hockey in a low stakes situation. 

As for Boeser, he'll probably come into camp and earn that spot right away. With our lack of scoring, he might be put in a position to really succeed. 

I forgot about the expansion draft. Hopefully Las Vegas claims Sbisa to get to the cap floor. 

I'm assuming that Dorsett is traded or waived in the offseason with my lineup. 

How about JB ACTUALLY trades a guy at a TDL?  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about JB ACTUALLY trades a guy at a TDL?  

If we're out of a playoff spot at the tdl , the only player potentially going out would be Miller imo. A playoff bound/contending team could profit from getting Miller at a decent price (1st-rounder + C-B level prospect). Teams that come to mind; Dallas, Philly, WPG. 

37 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

If we're out of a playoff spot at the tdl , the only player potentially going out would be Miller imo. A playoff bound/contending team could profit from getting Miller at a decent price (1st-rounder + C-B level prospect). Teams that come to mind; Dallas, Philly, WPG. 

WPG dont need Miller. The rest, i'm not so sure. I think Philly could.

Maybe not next season but i think these lines would look good down the road.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Eriksson- Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Granlund - Hansen

Virtanen - Gaunce - Rodin

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Juolevi - Stetcher

Sbisa - Tryamkin

Markstrom

???

Edited by cube`