The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

26 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Yes he can next season but for this year he cannot.  Any player that signs an ELC after the trade deadline cannot play in the AHL at all this season.  No different than any other NHL player that wasn't papered down to the AHL on TDL day. He would have to sign an ELC starting in July and an ATO with the Comets for this year.

Plus he gets to free agency a year early and everyone happy about the signing now will be questioning it a couple years down the road.

I'm not worried about burning a year off his elc, tryamkin did the same last season.  I just wanted the help for the Comets.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not worried about burning a year off his elc, tryamkin did the same last season.  I just wanted the help for the Comets.  

I see it as a trust gaining move.   Vancouver has happy prospects who don't feel like management is trying to take advantage of them in these signings.  Sure it burns a year, but it is more likely they will want to resign here in Van isn't it?

• Upvote 1

I'm just glad he signed. Was starting to get nervous that he'd walk away.

edit; timing makes sense though, he can play up to 9 games without it costing a year of his ELC. 

Canucks: 9 games left this year.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 2011 said:

I see it as a trust gaining move.   Vancouver has happy prospects who don't feel like management is trying to take advantage of them in these signings.  Sure it burns a year, but it is more likely they will want to resign here in Van isn't it?

Doubtful that it would have any affect whatsoever, but it's understandable on Boesers part.  Hopefully it means one of Goldy, Gaunce or Labate gets moved to Utica shortly.  All of them soon, preferably.  They desperately need some help.

4 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

edit; timing makes sense though, he can play up to 9 games without it costing a year of his ELC. 

No, if he plays this year regardless he's burned a year off his ELC. The 9 game effect only applies to CHL players. If a CHL eligible player plays more than 9 NHL games, they become ineligible to be sent back down.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Doubtful that it would have any affect whatsoever, but it's understandable on Boesers part.  Hopefully it means one of Goldy, Gaunce or Labate gets moved to Utica shortly.  All of them soon, preferably.  They desperately need some help.

Goldy, and Boeser should spend the summer skating with Bo. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

No, if he plays this year regardless he's burned a year off his ELC. The 9 game effect only applies to CHL players. If a CHL eligible player plays more than 9 NHL games, they become ineligible to be sent back down.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ohhhh I see. Well the important thing is that he signed. 

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Ohhhh I see. Well the important thing is that he signed. 

That's why many (myself included) wanted Boeser to sign an ATO contract with Utica so he could get some games there and help Utica with it's playoff push. And so that he becomes a FA a year later. 

But either way, I'm happy that he signed. Looking forward to seeing him tonight

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

That's why many (myself included) wanted Boeser to sign an ATO contract with Utica so he could get some games there and help Utica with it's playoff push. And so that he becomes a FA a year later. 

Early game, no?

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

They play in 90 minutes 

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Well he's already played some college playoffs, throw him in the NHL, when there's nothing on the line for the team.  It's actually a great chance to gauge young players and help them get rid of some nerves and get a lil bit of experience.