The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Are we all watching the same player? ;)

I think his skating, in general, is pretty strong. Might need a little work on first few strides, kind of like Horvat needed as well.

The explosiveness can be improved, he has good top speed already.  The nose for the puck, overall hockey instincts, shooting ability, those you either have naturally or you don't.

We have a really high end prospect here, will be really interesting to see how he looks after a summer of working on his first few strides. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think his skating, in general, is pretty strong. Might need a little work on first few strides, kind of like Horvat needed as well.

The explosiveness can be improved, he has good top speed already.  The nose for the puck, overall hockey instincts, shooting ability, those you either have naturally or you don't.

We have a really high end prospect here, will be really interesting to see how he looks after a summer of working on his first few strides. 

This....

• Upvote 1

Let's have Boeser and Horvat work out together during the summer. When Henrik retires, they are a big part of the future leadership of this team and will likely need to step into those roles after next season. Let's get them really bonding now.

From what I've seen I'd say Boeser is an average skater atm, but he's positionally so good it doesn't matter most of the time. However, in the offseason if he can improve his first 2 steps, and even a little improvement on his top end breakaway speed he's going to dominate imo

• Upvote 2

I know there is desire for him to spend time in the AHL, and I realize we are going by a very small sample size but from what I have seen I think he is sticking with the club next year. He has so much talent and is so damn mature out there.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Scruffy05 said:

I know there is desire for him to spend time in the AHL, and I realize we are going by a very small sample size but from what I have seen I think he is sticking with the club next year. He has so much talent and is so damn mature out there.

I agree. He really doesn't look like he needs AHL seasoning. He looks fully cooked and NHL ready. Considering the Canucks goal scoring woes, I expect him to be playing on the big club next season.