The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

8.5 - 9.0........very decisive with the puck, knows exactly what he is going to do with it. Great body positioning and effort allows him to get to most loose pucks. Always seems to have something left in the tank to make a play at both ends of the ice. Very high compete/battle level.

pretty much spot on. Always seems to be in the right place and defs has a high compete level. Coach really seems to trust him in all situations.

2 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

Yea had a very servicable career, what do you think about the comparison or do you have an opinion on any other comparable?

I keep seeing a young Ryan Kesler in him. Both have high revving motors, both RH Centres, both play in all situations, both prefer their strong wrist shot over a slap shot and both have that strong desire to do whatever it takes to win. He may never be as good as Kesler but there are similarities.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I keep seeing a young Ryan Kesler in him. Both have high revving motors, both RH Centres, both play in all situations, both prefer their strong wrist shot over a slap shot and both have that strong desire to do whatever it takes to win. He may never be as good as Kesler but there are similarities.

You do mention make solid points i just don't wanna overhype him in my mind haha. Hence the Higgins comparison. All in all we have a prospect who has a real shot at having a good career.

4 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

8.5 - 9.0........very decisive with the puck, knows exactly what he is going to do with it. Great body positioning and effort allows him to get to most loose pucks. Always seems to have something left in the tank to make a play at both ends of the ice. Very high compete/battle level.

Do u think he has a good chance at making our team next year

6 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

I really don't think he will or should (and that's not a bad thing). He should continue to develop his game and see how it translates against bigger and faster players in the AHL should he leave Northeastern. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

If he turns pro I think he has a chance to make the Canucks next year but I would not suggest that it would be a good chance. It is more likely that he would start the year in Utica and, based on performance/need, he may get a call-up during the season. Personally, I think he will be a regular on the team by the 2018 - 2019 season if he continues his current trajectory.

• Upvote 1

If he turns pro I think he has a chance to make the Canucks next year but I would not suggest that it would be a good chance. It is more likely that he would start the year in Utica and, based on performance/need, he may get a call-up during the season. Personally, I think he will be a regular on the team by the 2018 - 2019 season if he continues his current trajectory.

7 hours ago, suitup said:

I really don't think he will or should (and that's not a bad thing). He should continue to develop his game and see how it translates against bigger and faster players in the AHL should he leave Northeastern. 

Good to hear I'm excited 

Yeah I'd say Utica next 1-2 years, then a few years on the 4th and eventually, likely swap places with Sutter in 5+ years and take over as 3C if things go well.

Adam Gaudette has solid 3rd line and maybe 2nd line potential. Besides Boeser, Demko and Juloevi, this guy is next in line as far as exciting prospects go for our organization. I've watched a couple of his games that have been televised the last couple weeks and the guy sure piles up goals and assists. The commentators praised him more than any other players on either team, it was great to hear. This guy was a 5th rounder, we definately may have something here. Also, guys that play in the NCAA seem to make the NHL pretty quick (Hutton, Stecher, Boeser?) 

• Upvote 1

great to see the kid doing very well. the way he is going and if he opts to go pro next season, he has a shot of making the team and if he doesn't, he can always season his game down in Utica. in fact, they're going to be loaded next year with players like Lockwood, Abols, Jasek, Zhukenov and more turning pro and having a chance to help Utica back to where they were few years ago.