The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

You’re right! For some reason I thought he wasn’t playing until their next game.

I really didn't think he would get in that quickly either or I would have attempted to find a stream. Glad he is though and thanks for the vid Sid  .

1 minute ago, ohmy said:

I really didn't think he would get in that quickly either or I would have attempted to find a stream. Glad he is though and thanks for the vid Sid  .

Looks like MacEwen isn’t playing (injured last game) so maybe they brought Jašek in a game early? I could have sworn the plan was next game. Anyway, not complaining. :) 

He has an assist, 1 SOG, and +1 so far.

Video doesn’t show the assist. Jašek’s was the secondary.

And my favourite free streaming website doesn’t have the game available. :( 

• Upvote 1

Cory Hergott (Canucks Army Comets writer) named Jašek first star on his personal three stars:

1st Star: Lukas Jasek. There was no way that I wasn’t going to give the first star to Jasek in this one. He was signed just the other day to his ATO and hasn’t had much time with the team, but that didn’t stop him from picking up two helpers and scoring the game-tying goal. Jasek was doing solid work along the boards in this one, going into board battles and often coming away with the puck for his efforts. Jasek looked shifty at times and the pace of the game did not seem to be a problem for him. I look forward to what the young man will do going forward with the Comets, he could end up being a playoff performer for the club.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/03/31/canucksarmy-utica-comets-post-game-lukas-jasek-debuts-with-three-points-comets-beat-springfield-6-5/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jasek is clearly playing for his ELC. If he can put up a few more solid games, I could see the Canucks signing him to an ELC by the second week of April.

I really like him and I feel like Jasek having team consistency will only do him good. It has also been a few years since we drafted him so I could see Jasek making a push for the Canucks, not this coming training camp, but the following training camp (2019-2020 season), if he gets the ELC.

That said, if I'm Brett McKenzie, I've got to be questioning whether or not I'm getting an ELC, now that Jasek kinda came out of nowhere to be back on the Canucks radar after a couple of mystery seasons worth of development.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Jasek is clearly playing for his ELC. If he can put up a few more solid games, I could see the Canucks signing him to an ELC by the second week of April.

I really like him and I feel like Jasek having team consistency will only do him good. It has also been a few years since we drafted him so I could see Jasek making a push for the Canucks, not this coming training camp, but the following training camp (2019-2020 season), if he gets the ELC.

That said, if I'm Brett McKenzie, I've got to be questioning whether or not I'm getting an ELC, now that Jasek kinda came out of nowhere to be back on the Canucks radar after a couple of mystery seasons worth of development.

Jasek still has a contract so I wont be surprised to see him play another season overseas. Especially since we retain his rights for another. Im so stoked that we have so many guys who deserve or potentially deserve contracts these days. Just goes to show how this team has grown!

25 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Jasek still has a contract so I wont be surprised to see him play another season overseas. Especially since we retain his rights for another. Im so stoked that we have so many guys who deserve or potentially deserve contracts these days. Just goes to show how this team has grown!

So we now have two 2015 picks in the NHL and two in the AHL.  The Pratt backpedaling will be into another gear.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Pretty neat to see Jasek finally in NA.  Hope this performance doesn't raise expectations too high but this is definitely promising!  The Comets might have way more internal depth next year without needing as many FAs.  Jasek coming over is a potential game changer as he seems like a super versatile player.  Anyone know what position he played in his debut?

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And he picked up another assist on an earlier goal (Carcone?). Has 1G 2A +2

Yup. Primary assist on Utica’s 3rd goal, scored by Carcone.

So 1G 2A 3 points, 2 SOG, +2

Not a bad debut. ;) 

Jb is really quite amazing when it comes to drafting. I can't remember a time so many players drafted by the nucks have ended up in the NHL and how so many more are looking at the same trajectory.  Just have to laugh when I think back to how Jenson and Shroeder were our top prospects. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Jb is really quite amazing when it comes to drafting. I can't remember a time so many players drafted by the nucks have ended up in the NHL and how so many more are looking at the same trajectory.  Just have to laugh when I think back to how Jenson and Shroeder were our top prospects. 

Yeah, I think Jašek was one of the players who caught Benning’s eye during international tournaments. Definitely one of the benefits of having a scouting GM. Would be such a steal if a 6th round pick eventually makes it to the NHL. Jašek has taken another step tonight toward that goal. Hopefully he continues to impress.

• Upvote 2