The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015-16 Utica Comets Thread

thejazz97

Mark Caswell, Jr. @MarkCaswellJr 12m12 minutes ago

Mark Caswell, Jr. Retweeted Utica Comets
Evan McEneny and Dane Fox in the line-up tonight. https://twitter.com/UticaComets/status/660558267836334081 

Mark Caswell, Jr. added,

Utica Comets @UticaComets

Scratches for the #Comets: Sautner, Kenins, Jensen, Stewart, and Valk

Clay Witt leads the #Comets out of the tunnel. He will get his first start of the season.

Watching this one again. No Jensen today, he sits. Fox/McEneny draw in.

line up:

Shinkaruk - Vey - Grenier
Labate - Frisen - Cassels
Kurtz - Zalewski - Jones
Fox - Hamilton - Bancks

Pedan - Fedun
Negrin - Subban
Erhardt - McEneny

Witt in net.

I'm not a big fan of Cassels on the wing, every indication he's a natural centre. 

Can someone explain why they decided to go with Clay Witt over Jackson Whistle this summer? I don't think Witt has looked good once so far (prospects camp, young stars, preseason)...

Possibly because of the age difference? That'd be my guess. Witt is four years older and he wasn't half-bad in college. But no, Witt has not looked good so far... 5-1 now.

In fairness to him, this is a pretty weak Comets team in front of him defensively.

And exactly who did Bo-Sang sign with (BUF)...and for how much? Wishin' him back - too.

BoSang signed a two way contract with Buffalo for $600K NHL and $300K AHL which is a $50K increase from what he made in Utica last year.  Even if Vancouver matched that I'm not sure he would have been resigned the way that he was treated.  How many times did he get called up without ever getting into a single game?

Bobby was hurt all through training camp this year and just got into the lineup last week with Rochester. 

Watching this one again. No Jensen today, he sits. Fox/McEneny draw in.

line up:

Shinkaruk - Vey - Grenier
Labate - Frisen - Cassels
Kurtz - Zalewski - Jones
Fox - Hamilton - Bancks

Pedan - Fedun
Negrin - Subban
Erhardt - McEneny

Witt in net.

I'm not a big fan of Cassels on the wing, every indication he's a natural centre. 

he might not be quick enough to play the d zone of a centre, like Guance?

Since Cassels was hurt at the end of last season it's going to take him some time to get going but so far he has been the least noticeable forward on the ice. He really looks out of place.

it's a game played at hyper speed.  He just might be better suited to the wing, for now.

Archived