The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Movie Theater Shooting, 8 people shot in Lafayette, Louisiana

Need more guns. Arm everyone!

I want a tank and you can't say I'm not allowed because that's my second amendment right. If I want a nuclear weapon, so be it. That's my second amendment right. Walmart doesn't sell us the means to enrich uranium. They are stomping on our second amendment rights. They are traitors.

I want a tank and you can't say I'm not allowed because that's my second amendment right. If I want a nuclear weapon, so be it. That's my second amendment right. Walmart doesn't sell us the means to enrich uranium. They are stomping on our second amendment rights. They are traitors.

FRNvEcm.gif

If they stopped with the stupid movies none of this would be happening.....

The only film I watched that left me wanting to shoot up a theater was Darkness. (I remember watching that movie on Christmas with an uncle of mine)

Instead of shooting the place up, I just went to the liquor store and got ****-faced drunk and passed out in front of family on the couch in mid sentence.

win/win

This has got to be fairly disappointing for the movie theatre industry which is already hurting.

Soon nobody will attend movies but shooters. Maybe then they'll wipe each other out and that whole fad will be done with.

Conservatives with their slippery slope fallacies are pathetic. Also, they constantly shift the goal posts as to what "infringement" upon the second amendment actually is so when certain proposals are actually not infringing, they've rendering any and all changes that may protect innocent people impossible.

I heard the shooter was killed by someone with a concealed carry. Imagine that. This story will be huge if that's the case.

Well if you consider it was the killer that shot himself I guess that could be technically correct.

Only plus side of this sad affair is that he saved the taxpayers money.

Maybe it's time for America to wake up and smell the cordite.

this effing sucks ... we are safe nowhere ? no guns , this doesn't happen .. what about our right to not get shot when we go see a god damn movie

Serious need for change in gun laws in your country. Where in the US do you live?

this effing sucks ... we are safe nowhere ? no guns , this doesn't happen .. what about our right to not get shot when we go see a god damn movie

Serious need for change in gun laws in your country. Where in the US do you live?

This deranged individual probably didn't have a license to conceal carry, so he's breaking the law already. Adding extra rules to punish non-law abiding citizens probably wouldn't make any difference to those wishing to break the law.

If it is true that one person in the theater did use his/her firearm to kill the attacker.... the law was followed and lives were saved. This headline could easily be changed to "Conceal Carry holder saved 50+ lives from crazed murderer"

Way too easy to get guns in the States.

Easily a benefit for those who need to defend themselves. Criminals have an easier time than the law abiding populace in getting guns. Law abiding citizens face various obstacles depending on their jurisdiction. Thankfully many of those have been uprooted in court, which understands at minimum there should be very few limitations upon gun ownership in a place where people have to regularly defend themselves from violent criminals.

Easily a benefit for those who need to defend themselves. Criminals have an easier time than the law abiding populace in getting guns. Law abiding citizens face various obstacles depending on their jurisdiction. Thankfully many of those have been uprooted in court, which understands at minimum there should be very few limitations upon gun ownership in a place where people have to regularly defend themselves from violent criminals.

Hmm well our gun laws seem to work here in Canada, yet in the USA it's weekly news that a shooting has occurred somewhere. Is that just the norm for them now? Could be a bad example. I think the population density has something to do with it as well as illegal importation from sources in southern countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFLk5L70MQ

Archived