The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Satanic Temple Unveils Baphomet Statue

nucklehead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11764484/Satanic-statue-unveiled-in-Detroit.html

Several hundred people have attended a Mass at a US Catholic church to protest against an eight and a half-foot (2.6-metre)-tall bronze statue of Satan that hundreds of people also lined up to see.

The Satanic Temple had said it would unveil the statue on Saturday at a Detroit location that only people with tickets would know about. Hundreds lined up on Saturday evening to get the tickets as Christian protesters rallied nearby.

The bronze Baphomet statue, featuring a human body, goat’s head and wings, was unveiled just before midnight to cheers of "Hail Satan". Statues of a boy and a girl in poses of adoration stand on either side.

Earlier on Saturday, The Detroit News said 200-250 people attended Mass at St. Joseph Church in a protest against the Satanic event.

The statue had been planned for the state Capitol in Oklahoma City until Oklahoma's Supreme Court banned all religious displays on Capitol grounds.

The Satanic Temple now says it wants to erect it outside Arkansas' statehouse, where a Ten Commandments monument also is planned.

a-bronze-Baphomet-_3388320b.jpg

Protestors "how dare you unveil and worship this thing, it's wrong and it's evil"

Worshippers "Don't you have a choir boy to go touch"

Protestors "We don't want this statue dedicated to evil anywhere near our state"

Worshippers "Fine, well remove our fairy tale statue when you remove yours and give up your tax free status"

Protestors "crickets chirping"

Fair is fair, even though they should all be removed. Might as well throw in some of the other religions too.

Actually down with a site dedicated to statues of all the Gods from an art perspective.

Atheists might be pissed. Would have to leave room for their chemistry set I spose

Actually down with a site dedicated to statues of all the Gods from an art perspective.

Atheists might be pissed. Would have to leave room for their chemistry set I spose

The Church of Carl Sagan? But noooo...

"Atheism is very stupid." - Carl Sagan

"Some people think God is an outsized, light-skinned male with a long white beard, sitting on a throne somewhere up there in the sky, busily tallying the fall of every sparrow. Othersfor example Baruch Spinoza and Albert Einsteinconsidered God to be essentially the sum total of the physical laws which describe the universe. I do not know of any compelling evidence for anthropomorphic patriarchs controlling human destiny from some hidden celestial vantage point, but it would be madness to deny the existence of physical laws."

Quotes like these have led some to believe that he was an atheist, but this is not true. He hated the term. Much like Charles Darwin, Sagan recognized that claiming that there is no God is as irrational as claiming there is one. He once said:

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

In a March 1996 profile by Jim Dawson in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Sagan talked about his then-new book The Demon Haunted World and was asked about his personal spiritual views:

My view is that if there is no evidence for it, then forget about it . . . An agnostic is somebody who doesnt believe in something until there is evidence for it, so Im agnostic.

That would describe my thinking almost to the T.

Explains very well why I'm agnostic and am vehemently against both religion and atheism.

That's because a lot of people seem confused on what being atheist means. That evidently includes you and a lot of people who call themselves one :lol:

The profane continue to co-opt symbology they do not truly understand the meaning of. Unfortunate really.

Manly P. Hall had written in his book, Dionysian Mysteries and Masonry that the image of Baphomet is NOT a Christian Devil but a symbol of the ancient Alchemists representing Nature and natures God being a Combination & Balance of Male andFemale forces, light and darkness;

The Goat of Mendes or BAPHOMET whom the Templars were accused of worshipping is a Goat Headed deity, being formed of both male and female principles, with a Caduceus of Mercury in oplace of its Phallus.

One arm points up and one down , with the Latin ' Solve et Coagula' written on them (meaning: flow and ebb)

This is NOT the image of a Christian Devil but a symbol of the ancient Alchemists representing Nature and natures God being a Combination & Balance of Male andFemale forces, light and darkness, moisture and dryness.

The very principle of Hermes Trismegitus: As Above So Below" is what is symbolized by BAPHOMET..."

If you think this symbol is evil or have been mislead, you are what is called a "non-initiate" who is considered "profane" to the secret mysteries and secret knowledge that is contained in such stories, words or images. As I stated above, this is the whole purpose of the kabbalist and priest scribes who use secret words or allegories in order to conceal the truth from the uninitiated.

Manly Hall had written in Baphomet: The Goat of Mendes (1936);

Protestors "how dare you unveil and worship this thing, it's wrong and it's evil"

Worshippers "Don't you have a choir boy to go touch"

Protestors "We don't want this statue dedicated to evil anywhere near our state"

Worshippers "Fine, well remove our fairy tale statue when you remove yours and give up your tax free status"

Protestors "crickets chirping"

I have no problem with it being displayed if that's what they truly believe.

However, and this is just a wild guess, I believe the only reason they want to display this is to troll the 10 commandments / be anti theist.

In other words, just for pure spite.

The profane continue to co-opt symbology they do not truly understand the meaning of. Unfortunate really.

Manly P. Hall had written in his book, Dionysian Mysteries and Masonry that the image of Baphomet is NOT a Christian Devil but a symbol of the ancient Alchemists representing Nature and natures God being a Combination & Balance of Male andFemale forces, light and darkness;

The Goat of Mendes or BAPHOMET whom the Templars were accused of worshipping is a Goat Headed deity, being formed of both male and female principles, with a Caduceus of Mercury in oplace of its Phallus.

One arm points up and one down , with the Latin ' Solve et Coagula' written on them (meaning: flow and ebb)

This is NOT the image of a Christian Devil but a symbol of the ancient Alchemists representing Nature and natures God being a Combination & Balance of Male andFemale forces, light and darkness, moisture and dryness.

The very principle of Hermes Trismegitus: As Above So Below" is what is symbolized by BAPHOMET..."

If you think this symbol is evil or have been mislead, you are what is called a "non-initiate" who is considered "profane" to the secret mysteries and secret knowledge that is contained in such stories, words or images. As I stated above, this is the whole purpose of the kabbalist and priest scribes who use secret words or allegories in order to conceal the truth from the uninitiated.

Manly Hall had written in Baphomet: The Goat of Mendes (1936);

Despite the misunderstandings noted here, the reason that the Church of Satan adopted this creature is plainly obvious:

220px-RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

The pentagram is pointing the wrong way on their statue, but that's the point. It's 'good' in that orientation, but merely flipping the pentagram makes it evil. It's just another symbolic representation, like yin and yan, of how a balanced universe absolutely needs opposing forces. You cannot have good without evil, day without night, light without dark, up without down, right without left, etc. It's the nature of the universe. And the original Baphomet represents all in the universe? Something like that.

Anyway, Christians would have you beleive that this is another sign of the coming apocalypse. A lake in turkey just turned 'blood red' due to algae. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/climate-and-environment/large-algae-bloom-turns-turkish-lake-blood-red/54689/

Arguing semantics really. Matt Dillahunty doesn't believe god for precisely the same reason Sagan doesn't but calls himself atheist. As does Seth Andrews, Aronra, Dawkins, Hitchens..

Heretic is just bitter his position is so fallacious :emot-parrot:

It's not semantics. I think the difference between agnostics and atheists is that atheists are inherently arrogant. They know for sure about something that is totally unproveable at this point, even by the science they hold so dear.

It's not semantics. I think the difference between agnostics and atheists is that atheists are inherently arrogant. They know for sure about something that is totally unproveable at this point, even by the science they hold so dear.

Nope.

jq513f8689.png

I have no problem with it being displayed if that's what they truly believe.

However, and this is just a wild guess, I believe the only reason they want to display this is to troll the 10 commandments / be anti theist.

In other words, just for pure spite.

satanism is based on life and worshiping your self basically... and worshiping man, its about indulgence and basically the opposite of Christianity when it comes to rules, satanism doesn't condemn violence... never turn the other cheek

they are usually nice people and aren't about worshiping satan literally most are athiest or agnostic anyways...

Na, it's semantics. And if that's your definition of atheist then it would be wrong anyway :emot-parrot:

Nice img, but 'nope' what?

Anyway, i've always sided with historical geniuses on this issue, and not the psuedogeniuses on cdc, so i'm alright with that. :)

Na, it's semantics. And if that's your definition of atheist then it would be wrong anyway :emot-parrot:

Earlier you described Gnotics, not Atheists.

Gnostics of any kind are morons :P

Archived