The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Independant B.C. Candidate offers dragons, killer robots and aliens

Armada

Wyatt Scott thinks he knows what Canadians want in Parliament, but he definitely knows what Canadians want in an election video: dragons, aliens and killer robots.

It might not get him elected, but the independent candidate for the B.C. riding of Mission-Matsqui-Fraser Canyon has at least produced what might be the zaniest — and most-watched — political video of the campaign.

Scott introduces himself while riding a goose, claims he will "fight for Canada" before pulling out a sword and slaying a dragon, and discusses expanding social programs while doing an intricate handshake with an alien.

"Change is coming to Canada, and I'm here to lead that charge," he says in front of a waving Canada flag, just before he turns to blast a giant killer robot with his heat-vision.

Scott's otherwise-serious campaign urges voters to choose an independent candidate over one who votes along partisan lines. He could apparently use all the help he can get.

On his fundrazr.com site, the Mission businessman is trying to raise $85,000 for his campaign. He's so far raised $35.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/11/independent-bc-candidate-gives-voters-what-they-want--dragons-aliens-and-killer-robots

Wyatt Scott is my hero. He grew a beard in one second!

and for that Wyatt Scott we solute you..

Nice to see someone that obviously doesn't take themselves so seriously that they can't have a little fun. Honestly could probably use more people like him running the country. Also his subtle little weed endorsement \m/

Still more believable than Harpers' promises.

I'd vote for him

Especially since he hasn't promised to ruin the country. This guy breaking his promises is better than Harper keeping his. If it wasn't so important to get Harper out power ASAP I'd vote for a guy like this.

Especially since he hasn't promised to ruin the country. This guy breaking his promises is better than Harper keeping his. If it wasn't so important to get Harper out power ASAP I'd vote for a guy like this.

totally agree heff at least Scott has some sort of imagination. Harper's mind is like wet card board.

Conservative party's response "Dragons robots and aliens are bad for families. Kids will get access to these things and murder their families. It's also possible that terrorists could harness these beasts and use them against us in a terrorist attack. Terrorism."

Archived