The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To Spank or not to Spank, we're talking about child discipline

Realtor Rod

Ever been to Montana? Well.. when you leave Alberta and drive south through the US for a road trip, that's the state you start in. So, huge surprise, I have storage in Montana and a few guns happens to be there.

Also, I concur that I've not needed a gun in Canada but it's no surprise to see you citing Canadian cities when I'm talking about the USA. Obviously in order to participate in a rational discussion first thing you need to comprehend is the US isn't Canada. We can worry about the rest later. :)

I've lived in the US, and half my family is from the US, in places a lot 'scarier' than Montana.

I guess when you're so fearful you find things to be afraid of and then feel the need to defend yourself from that perceived fear. Sad for you really.

Ever been to Montana? Well.. when you leave Alberta and drive south through the US for a road trip, that's the state you start in. So, huge surprise, I have storage in Montana and a few guns happens to be there.

Also, I concur that I've not needed a gun in Canada but it's no surprise to see you citing Canadian cities when I'm talking about the USA. Obviously in order to participate in a rational discussion first thing you need to comprehend is the US isn't Canada. We can worry about the rest later. :)

Rational discussion? From a guy who thinks that spanking an 11 month old is smart parenting?

Hilarious. :lol:

I'm not armed in Calgary genius. It's funny watching you make this claim every time despite me pointing out I have guns in storage in Montana and California. Gotta create dem demons to battle eh?

Yes and I bet when you only search for self validating things on Google you just might find it. Shocker there. :o

I live in calgary and I have firearms. But I keep them at my place outside of the city. Can't wait for hunting season.

I like that "I'm so rational even though I'm paranoid as hell" shtick. I think I'll use that one. :lol:

Again you refer to me as paranoid, even though time and again I have said I'm anything but. What do I have to be paranoid about? There are no boogeymen about to invade my home because I have no guns.

You like to bring up the fact that handgun murders are so statistically infrequent that it's nothing to worry about. Yet, you feel it necessary to own weapons to protect against a home invasion which is also statistically rare.

And I'm the paranoid one? :rolleyes:

To be clear, I don't really have a dog in this fight. As you are so fond of pointing out, I live in a small town in Canada, where there is little violent crime to worry about.

I look at the American love affair with guns much the same way as I do a mentally challenged individual who jumps off a tall building because he believes he's Superman and can fly...

It doesn't affect me personally in any way, yet I feel bad for the guy because he not smart enough to realize how self destructive his behavior is. Even though I try and tell him that he can't fly, he decides to jump, because no one is going to tell him he can't fly.

To summarize: I don't find your attitude (and that of so many like you) towards guns scary. I find it sad.

Again you refer to me as paranoid, even though time and again I have said I'm anything but. What do I have to be paranoid about? There are no boogeymen about to invade my home because I have no guns.

You like to bring up the fact that handgun murders are so statistically infrequent that it's nothing to worry about. Yet, you feel it necessary to own weapons to protect against a home invasion which is also statistically rare.

And I'm the paranoid one? :rolleyes:

To be clear, I don't really have a dog in this fight. As you are so fond of pointing out, I live in a small town in Canada, where there is little violent crime to worry about.

I look at the American love affair with guns much the same way as I do a mentally challenged individual who jumps off a tall building because he believes he's Superman and can fly...

It doesn't affect me personally in any way, yet I feel bad for the guy because he not smart enough to realize how self destructive his behavior is. Even though I try and tell him that he can't fly, he decides to jump, because no one is going to tell him he can't fly.

To summarize: I don't find your attitude (and that of so many like you) towards guns scary. I find it sad.

No s**t you have no dog in this fight. And not only that, your disconnect from another country's problems is evident by your inability to understand the problem from their perspective. You're akin to the American-south-like country bumpkin who can't fathom two gay people loving each other, and thus thinks he personally should decide whether they get married or not. As much as you may make fun of the latter, you two are eerily the same.

I also wonder why you elect to pick on mentally challenged people in your post. Besides the fact that your analogy is rather disgusting, I'm sure someone with mental problems that would commit suicide by jumping off a building cares a lot about the fact that some snooty liberal from Prince Rupert would be judging them from their soapbox on the internet. What a clown. :lol:

Wow, this thread turned into 3 guys arguing about who's Internet d*ck is bigger than the others pretty quick.

As long as we're spanking 11 month old babies with our big internet units while waiving loaded guns around in Montana, it's ok though, right?

Wow, this thread turned into 3 guys arguing about who's Internet d*ck is bigger than the others pretty quick.

No, this thread is about hitting 11 month olds with your "unit" and retarded people jumping from buildings.

- CDC people and their rational arguments ^_^

No s**t you have no dog in this fight. And not only that, your disconnect from another country's problems is evident by your inability to understand the problem from their perspective. You're akin to the American-south-like country bumpkin who can't fathom two gay people loving each other, and thus thinks he personally should decide whether they get married or not. As much as you may make fun of the latter, you two are eerily the same.

I also wonder why you elect to pick on mentally challenged people in your post. Besides the fact that your analogy is rather disgusting, I'm sure someone with mental problems that would commit suicide by jumping off a building cares a lot about the fact that some snooty liberal from Prince Rupert would be judging them from their soapbox on the internet. What a clown. :lol:

Completely missing the point, followed up with a personal attack. Par for the course.

No, this thread is about hitting 11 month olds with your "unit" and retarded people jumping from buildings.

:picard:

You are so far over the line bro. I sincerely hope you realize that you need to seek mental help.

giphy.gif

Archived