The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

College Girl With Dui Decides To Drive Around In A Barbie Jeep

SabreFan1

Go to the link for the story and pictures, but in short the story is this. College girl gets license taken away for a DUI conviction, she decides to ride a Barbie toy jeep around campus in order to flaunt her conviction. People all over the internet are cheering her on for thumbing her nose at the courts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-student-drives-barbie-jeep-campus-dwi-article-1.2347573

Monroe started driving the tiny toy car after she lost the right to drive an adult-sized vehicle. While heading home from a Waka Flocka concert, she refused to take a breathalyzer test — a move that automatically suspended her license.

they should revoke her ability to spend money, too

I don't get all the static. How is this thumbing a nose or anything except kinda funny.

It seems everyone gets outraged when a famous person gets a DUI, but it's not as offensive when a regular person does it and then flaunts the law afterwards.

We live in a hypocritical society.

I don't get all the static. How is this thumbing a nose or anything except kinda funny.

She refused to be apologetic and acknowledge that she made a mistake with DUI. DUI can kill not only herself but innocent people. It is thumbing a nose at not just the law but other people's right to be safe.

Sorry. Meant to comment in my last post too. I agree with Butters. Not sure if she's making fun of herself or what. Not sure what the big deal is.

It seems everyone gets outraged when a famous person gets a DUI, but it's not as offensive when a regular person does it and then flaunts the law afterwards.

We live in a hypocritical society.

She refused to be apologetic and acknowledge that she made a mistake with DUI. DUI can kill not only herself but innocent people. It is thumbing a nose at not just the law but other people's right to be safe.

Eh, read the article. Didn't find where she refused to be apologetic or admit she made a mistake. Maybe I missed it. Of course driving drunk can kill and I'm glad she didn't hurt anyone. I think people are overreacting though.

Eh, read the article. Didn't find where she refused to be apologetic or admit she made a mistake. Maybe I missed it. Of course driving drunk can kill and I'm glad she didn't hurt anyone. I think people are overreacting though.

I posted this because I was curious to see how people would react to a regular non-famous person in the news.

Just as I suspected nobody is spouting off and preaching their outrage because she isn't famous. People here on this board and obviously in Texas think it's a lesser crime not worth a similar discussion.

It's my CDC social experiment and it went over exactly as I thought it would.

I posted this because I was curious to see how people would react to a regular non-famous person in the news.

Just as I suspected nobody is spouting off and preaching their outrage because she isn't famous. People here on this board and obviously in Texas think it's a lesser crime not worth a similar discussion.

It's my CDC social experiment and it went over exactly as I thought it would.

Meh. If a celebrity did this it would still be funny. This girl kind of seems like a total asshat but that doesn't mean this whole thing isn't hilarious.

Archived