The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

College Girl With Dui Decides To Drive Around In A Barbie Jeep

SabreFan1

I posted this because I was curious to see how people would react to a regular non-famous person in the news.

Just as I suspected nobody is spouting off and preaching their outrage because she isn't famous. People here on this board and obviously in Texas think it's a lesser crime not worth a similar discussion.

It's my CDC social experiment and it went over exactly as I thought it would.

Your data collection methods are skewed by your subjectivity.

Read this article about Mac T. That's what driving while intoxicated can result in.

NHL's MacTavish Is Released After Serving One Year in Jail

I posted this because I was curious to see how people would react to a regular non-famous person in the news.

Just as I suspected nobody is spouting off and preaching their outrage because she isn't famous. People here on this board and obviously in Texas think it's a lesser crime not worth a similar discussion.

It's my CDC social experiment and it went over exactly as I thought it would.

Your thinking is flawed on many levels. First, the people who reply to this thread aren't necessarily the same people who reply in other threads. Second, she is driving around on a toy car that goes 5 miles an hour. Its not exactly winning. Its less convenient than a bike. Third, your framing of the article was wrong. She didn't do it to thumb her nose at anything.

So those experimental results aren't looking so good.

“It was the best decision I’ve made in college, yet,” she said.

The sad thing is, she's no dummy. She's an Industrial Engineering student.

Doesn't she realize that every prospective employer for the rest of her life is going to find this article online?

I have more of a problem with the people cheering her on (and getting a DUI in thr first place) than her driving a Barbie Jeep. Obviously she should never have gotten herself in that situation at all, however after reading the article it doesn't appear she's trying to make any type of statement, she's just doing it for fun.

Also I just want to point out that we don't know if she actually drove drunk or not, her DUI was for refusing to take a breathalyzer. Whether she did it to hide her drunkenness or was just being stubborn, we don't know.

Your thinking is flawed on many levels. First, the people who reply to this thread aren't necessarily the same people who reply in other threads. Second, she is driving around on a toy car that goes 5 miles an hour. Its not exactly winning. Its less convenient than a bike. Third, your framing of the article was wrong. She didn't do it to thumb her nose at anything.

So those experimental results aren't looking so good.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.....

Your data collection methods are skewed by your subjectivity.

Read this article about Mac T. That's what driving while intoxicated can result in.

NHL's MacTavish Is Released After Serving One Year in Jail

I know what MacT did. I mentioned it in a previous thread.

The sad thing is, she's no dummy. She's an Industrial Engineering student.

Doesn't she realize that every prospective employer for the rest of her life is going to find this article online?

Young people are stupid. College kids are even worse.

Deb put it best though, "What is she, 8?" I have a sense of humour, but I don't think this is funny, nor do I think she is being disrespectful for her DUI. She's just doing what all idiotic college kids do, trying to get attention.

Archived