The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It depends on what your goal is.  

Most of the posts here are short-medium term trades for the most parts, not really the best for someone starting out.  

I am mostly on Reddit, Stocktwits and also on CDC for ideas.  Still gotta do your own research of course, but if someone is interested in a specific stock, you might want to figure out the rationale behind it and whether it's legit or not.  I think I took a few stock tips from Arigold, NucksPatFan, Sp3nny, and Warhippy (probably a couple of other posters too)... and have done well overall, albeit a dud here and there too.  

Lets just say I trust regular posters on CDC more than Reddit or Stocktwits.  CDC isn't really a pump & dump kind of place anyways.  

I don't think theres enough CDC people to pump any stocks lol :P

8 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

I snagged 5000 warrants of HZAC. They just released a new SPAC so I'm thinking this one is gonna wrap up shortly. 

500M spac targeting financial, big team.. The CEO is 46 and owns the Dodgers..

I am still holding the PDAC warrants you mentioned a while back, they have slowly started pick up steam after sitting in idle for a while there.  Might look into HZAC on Monday or go and shoot for another warrant maybe.

19 hours ago, Russ said:

I am still holding the PDAC warrants you mentioned a while back, they have slowly started pick up steam after sitting in idle for a while there.  Might look into HZAC on Monday or go and shoot for another warrant maybe.

Bro.. Do not sell those, it's like having a key to the holy grail..

They just announced a board member had to leave his position to be on the Biden Administration..

This company, whoever they choose will be a GOLD star..

Do Not Sell At Any Price: The Wild, Obsessive Hunt for the World's Rarest  78rpm Records | Pitchfork

Hope that was loud and clear. PAY-tients and you will smash it..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Bro.. Do not sell those, it's like having a key to the holy grail..

They just announced a board member had to leave his position to be on the Biden Administration..

This company, whoever they choose will be a GOLD star..

Do Not Sell At Any Price: The Wild, Obsessive Hunt for the World's Rarest  78rpm Records | Pitchfork

Hope that was loud and clear. PAY-tients and you will smash it..

I am just sitting and chilling on my 2500 shares and seeing where they will go, I had no rush to even think about selling them anytime soon but hearing one of the guys had to leave for the Biden admin is pretty nice to hear. Hadn't really followed whats going on with them since I was just going to ride them for quite a while and see where it goes. 

Edited by Russ

23 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I bought some puts into the close. Still friends? 

::D

Your my rival now haha. I just find it funny how literally 9/10 comments on Yahoo GME  conversations have been bearish since December and yet every single one of them has had it handed back to them. Problem with this squeeze is that there aren't enough shares available to borrow to affect selling pressure much. Anyone who covers immediately has those shares shorted again. Until that short ratio comes down this thing could go on forever. Arguably the most famous short seller Thomas Barton has said do not short this stock you will get your ass handed back to you. 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I am just sitting and chilling on my 2500 shares and seeing where they will go, I had no rush to even think about selling them anytime soon but hearing one of the guys had to leave for the Biden admin is pretty nice to hear. Hadn't really followed whats going on with them since I was just going to ride them for quite a while and see where it goes. 

You have 300k tied into pdac?

22 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Your my rival now haha. I just find it funny how literally 9/10 comments on Yahoo GME  conversations have been bearish since December and yet every single one of them has had it handed back to them. Problem with this squeeze is that there aren't enough shares available to borrow to affect selling pressure much. Anyone who covers immediately has those shares shorted again. Until that short ratio comes down this thing could go on forever. Arguably the most famous short seller Thomas Barton has said do not short this stock you will get your ass handed back to you. 

Yeah I didn’t short, just bought deep out of the money puts as lotto tickets. $41 strike feb 9. Didn’t cost much, already up 10% will cut them if another squeeze starts in pre market Monday 

On 1/12/2021 at 8:52 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

I loaded PDAC around 10.40 and warrants at 1.50 even though they have no target, they're run by one of PLUG's directors, who ran the clean energy fund for Obama and Biden, and are targeting a clean energy stock.

Don't know who it'll be but I bought into the SPAC's management team, and the space.

With ya @Russ

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Oh ok, I was like we have some ballers on here!

Yea only in my dreams I will get there. Give me about 15 years and we will see if I get anywhere near that. I'm just a low volume guy trying to make a few extra bucks at the end of the day.  Also 2500 of the shares are only 30k not 300k ;)

13 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

With ya @Russ

Nice I think I tried to get in at that point. Broker didn't have the ticker as the same so I finally got through to them a week later on the phone and got them at 1.90 so sucks but oh well. I remember looking at the crew running it after Ari mentioned it and basically said I can't pass up their crew especially with a former biden worker. See how it goes long term but green is green at the end of the day for me. 

Edited by Russ

For those holding PDAC (myself included).... a director has resigned from the company and has taken an advisory role with the Biden Administration.  

https://sec.report/Document/0001193125-21-013659/

The resignation was not due to any disagreement or anything.  This should be good news for the SPAC.  

Edited by Lancaster
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Cathie Wood sold US Dollars 136 million worth of Tesla Stock / source : quarterly regulatory filings / Cathie Wood limiting the Tesla exposure in her funds.

She’s keeping the weight of the portfolio to ensure Tesla stays at 10%. She’ll add back if Tesla drops enough to bring Arkk’s weighted position below 10%

39 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

She’s keeping the weight of the portfolio to ensure Tesla stays at 10%. She’ll add back if Tesla drops enough to bring Arkk’s weighted position below 10%

I love some of my ARK/Tesla/ETF groups every time they see this they go "omg shes cutting the stock and getting out, whys she doing this".... Always wish people used the search to see the daily/weekly adds and gains of tesla lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I love some of my ARK/Tesla/ETF groups every time they see this they go "omg shes cutting the stock and getting out, whys she doing this".... Always wish people used the search to see the daily/weekly adds and gains of tesla lol

I love how she is continuing buy palantir