The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, TGokou said:

Time for GameStop to announce stock offering for a billion dollars.

They could do an offering directly to firms stuck short to get them off the hook and pocket the cash. Then take the billions they'd raise, close every sh*** store and start a real business.

image.png.9bce27b3a198f01dc322db6ef7b755a8.png

Kinda scared of where this could go tomorrow and I don't have a position.

Glad I didn't get stubborn with this one.........

gme.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

ERES a nice bump after hours on commons. Warrants should pop nice tomorrow. I’m gonna break it down tonight, the team, possible targets etc.

Isn't it down 20 cents for the day?

NVM stupid Google, up to 10.50, nice. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Bought AMC at $4.32 yesterday as a joke. I need to make more jokes more often Holy 

Yesterday at 9:50 AM

Bought 100 shares of AMC as a meme because wall street bets is trying to run it to $40 before SEC sues them all

Lol I bought it at around 4.50 as well, just sold half at 7$. Leaving the rest to see if we get another fireworks show. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Would the real Elon post that?

I know the verified account posted "AMC popcorn is the best" or something. 

"Next" is too obvious of a bait for the SEC

That screenshot is mine, and the account is verified so I'd say yes.

14 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Congrats man

Thanks man. Lol the regulars here probably remember my original post on GME way back in early summer when vtiq and other stocks were becoming all the rage. Felt like I missed out on tons of gains because all my capital was invested into gme and it wasn't doing anything but I refused to sell. Was so sad because seemed like all you guys were making money hand over fist. I finally feel vindicated.

• Cheers 4

Part of a class last year we pitched Bed Bath and Beyond as a buy, this was when the price was at 11-13 dollars. Our reasoning was the old management sucked, they have a lot of cash on hand to grow the company, and they recently sold off their bad business lines. This is a class where we actually buy the shares in a student fund. When the price dropped to 3 dollars we were not looking so good, the prof wanted to sell. We doubled down because the fundamentals didn't really change. Now thanks to some memes on reddit we are looking like genius'.

My buddies convinced me to buy a bunch of blackberry tonight, but I covered my position with some puts just to help me sleep tonight. Can not wait to wake up in the morning.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Part of a class last year we pitched Bed Bath and Beyond as a buy, this was when the price was at 11-13 dollars. Our reasoning was the old management sucked, they have a lot of cash on hand to grow the company, and they recently sold off their bad business lines. This is a class where we actually buy the shares in a student fund. When the price dropped to 3 dollars we were not looking so good, the prof wanted to sell. We doubled down because the fundamentals didn't really change. Now thanks to some memes on reddit we are looking like genius'.

My buddies convinced me to buy a bunch of blackberry tonight, but I covered my position with some puts just to help me sleep tonight. Can not wait to wake up in the morning.

There's a huge amount of BB $25 calls for this Friday. Before today $25 was the highest strike. Now all of a sudden there are strikes up to $40 with the 40's doing decent volume. Today's downgrade by RBC was basically laughed at.

Oh yeah, the last 3 sessions they have moved it $1, $1.90 and $1 in after hours, that's very bizarre behaviour for this stock.

Edited by nuckin_futz