The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

What do you guys think of CVE (cenovus)? I'm wondering if i should buy tmrw morning. hearing it could have a quick gain?

I was getting out of oil - sold my other canadian oil company but i heard this one is really good value rn and could be overnight gains?

Or is it too risky and could come down lots?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

What do you guys think of CVE (cenovus)? I'm wondering if i should buy tmrw morning. hearing it could have a quick gain?

I was getting out of oil - sold my other canadian oil company but i heard this one is really good value rn and could be overnight gains?

Or is it too risky and could come down lots?

Thanks!

This is the ERES thread now

• Haha 2

anyone here use RBC Direct Investing?

I have like 10k on my account, and went to transfer some to my regular bank account, but it says $0 available for transfer? I had no issue moving money around like 5 months ago, no idea why it wouldn't allow me to do it now

I can call tomorrow, just hate talking to RBC on the phone and wondered if anyone has any experience with this problem.

Edited by GLASSJAW

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I looked into buying it when it was 4 or 5 bucks and thought, this company is absolute piece of garbage that will go out of business soon.

But it is an absolute piece of garbage. The management is completely negligent if they don't do an offering at these levels.

The notational value of the GME short currently said to be $5.6 Billion. Hearing there's going to be a lot of liquidations tomorrows.

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

But it is an absolute piece of garbage. It's management negligence if they don't do an offering at these levels.

The notational value of the GME short currently said to be $5.6 Billion. Hearing there's going to be a lot of liquidations tomorrows.

I feel like very few things makes sense in this market, it is like playing roulette or video poker.

Just now, CBH1926 said:

I feel like very few things makes sense in this market, it is like playing roulette or video poker.

This is the market the Fed has created. It's all chasing momentum and short busting.

Look at PBI, tell me who the Hell needs to buy Pitney Bows this badly?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

anyone here use RBC Direct Investing?

I have like 10k on my account, and went to transfer some to my regular bank account, but it says $0 available for transfer? I had no issue moving money around like 5 months ago, no idea why it wouldn't allow me to do it now

I can call tomorrow, just hate talking to RBC on the phone and wondered if anyone has any experience with this problem.

Was that 10k just sitting there or did you just terminate a position in something? Sometimes you have to wait 2 business days before those funds can become available for withdrawal/transfer.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Was that 10k just sitting there or did you just terminate a position in something? Sometimes you have to wait 2 business days before those funds can become available for withdrawal/transfer.

I did sell yeah, I think it was over the weekend. Sun night? I considered this but last time I did this I was able to cash out right away I think.

I'll give it another day to see 

Edited by GLASSJAW

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This is the market the Fed has created. It's all chasing momentum and short busting.

Look at PBI, tell me who the Hell needs to buy Pitney Bows this badly?

What?
They are still in business?

WTF, I remember in the 90s that prepaid postage seemed like good idea.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I looked into buying it when it was 4 or 5 bucks and thought, this company is absolute piece of garbage that will go out of business soon.

Too bad because that's where I bought. Sold majority of now at $140...too early in hindsight but even I couldn't have predicted this run up

• Cheers 1