The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Micheal Ferland

Bieksa was largely correct TBH, he was/should have been irrelevant in that series.

The Canucks shouldn't have put up with his shenanigans and the league/zebras should have done their jobs.

The Canucks did put up with it for some reason. Well, who was going to match it?

And I recall the refs handing the flames enough penalties unrelated to ferland.

It was just another playoff series where we wait for the refs to dictate the outcome because we can't.

They changed the rule as soon as he started playing vs a California team.

It's fair game until u play one of the leagues darling teams.

Eff the refs. I could not agree more without hurting something. They hate us. But, we've brought it on ourselves. Years of Burrows and Kesler just giving it to the refs. We've gone done a little too easily an awful lot of times. It'll take years to change it.

Also, I felt like the refs nearly ruined my enjoyment of every playoff game this year. And it wasn't usually one-sided, just inconsistent. The refs boned Calgary in the Anaheim series.

(in the '11 finals it definitely was Coley and Jacobs)

The Canucks did put up with it for some reason. Well, who was going to match it?

And I recall the refs handing the flames enough penalties unrelated to ferland.

It was just another playoff series where we wait for the refs to dictate the outcome because we can't.

Well said. It was just Ferland coming out of the box, sprinting across the ice and leaping into Bieksa that bugged me. That and maybe the first one, where he got up and headed to the box before realizing that he was going to allowed to do that. Had they called that, he would have tried to dial it back.

But it's true, bad reffing doesn't bother great teams like the Hawks. And lots of calls went against them.

bouma and ferland... those 2 will make the canucks their b!tch this yr... lol

Prust and Dorsett will have two things each to say about trying to goon up the canucks. Benning specifically got two of the top three fighters from last season for a reason.

Play the damned game, you cross the line...you doin injured reserve time.

Exactly this. They have some solid top-end two-way guys and skilled guys, along with physical young guys to muck things up. What's more, that defensive group is so mobile they can skate their way out of trouble. If Hiller holds up in goal look out western conference.

That Dougie Hamilton trade was a stroke of genius, and totally changed the complexion of the Pacific Division. That Flames are probably just 2 notches down from the Ducks and Kings rather than being 5 if that trade didn't happen.., to think they beat us WITHOUT Giordano, and now adding Hamilton? Im being realistic here, wed be very very fortunate if we even have relevant games when mid march comes around

Archived