The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Post-Game] Vancouver drubs Calgary.

Odd.

I'm interested to see the work Jensen put in over the summer. Haven't heard much about him.

If his mindset is anything like Vey's this should be the summer that defines his career.

How easily I've forgotten about Jensen. I guess if you've worn out your welcome at the young stars tourney and still done nada at the big show, you kind of get written off to bust-ville...

I hope both Vey and Jensen have put in lots of effort this summer, but Gaunce and Shink both looked better than Jensen ever has.

shink looks like a perfect piece of a trade package right now. thoughts?

I see no reason for rushing to that conclusion. He didn't look great overall but it's also the first games they've had. Hopefully Training Camp he gets his rhythm back.

Also he's only had 1 year of pro...

If Gaunce can look good in a scrambly tournament like this I think he's going to really turn some heads come camp. I think he'll be the first call up this year over Jensen.

I don't think Shinkaruk will make much of an impact this year. He still looks to have potential and he has the right attitude but being a 2nd line or bust kinda guy he'll need another year in the AHL to mature

I'm thinking Gaunce earns his spot this year, Jensen...yeah, ugh.

Travis Green has been working hard with Shink to develop the D aspects of his game, give him a more well rounded skill set so he can be an effective bottom six player and put up points along the way, hopefully earning time on the PP too. I expect him to get a few games over Jensen this year. Jensen's game seems to have stalled or even regressed over the last couple of years.

But I'm just some armchair hack and not an actual scout, so what the hell do I know anyways?

At all 6 games, Not counting McDavid didn't see enough of him but we pretty well know what he will be. The best player in the Tourney { took a poll of about 50 people} easily NURSE. He is a no miss, wish we had him..................Next 2.............Virtenan{Spelling} & Drasatyl..............No doubt about it. Best D man Canucks Hutton, Suban a close 2nd...................Gaunce really good, Abol or something like that a real surprise .........Good, A good long shot.........................Fox..................Thank god Witt had a bounce back game, had him pegged as cheese grater, give him a 2nd look................Biggest dissapointment from everyone...........Shinkarek..........was worth a bag of pucks, now a puck.............will follow in Jensen's footsteps, worthless piece of ....Had about 10 players all even Gaunce, McCann, Ehlers, Lemieux, Ryan Olsen, etc..............Some of the so called sure things eg. Sam Bennett was invisible & he was awesome in the playoffs for Calgary.............So who knows,Pretty early in the year to peg guys in or write them off, but go to the tourney & you will sure make an opinon of these guys..................Want to have have fun, great time, Stayed were the players were , pretty damn good, Actually even got a suite for the last game, but not a bad seat in the house, Will be back there next year, FOR SURE, a no miss for fun.................................

I think Jensen has a shot to make the team

Possesses all the tools, he's never really been given a long enough look or time to create chemistry

I think he'll be on a boat to Europe real soon, 2nd worst pick we have had after Shinkarek, so we'll see, LOL

At all 6 games, Not counting McDavid didn't see enough of him but we pretty well know what he will be. The best player in the Tourney { took a poll of about 50 people} easily NURSE. He is a no miss, wish we had him..................Next 2.............Virtenan{Spelling} & Drasatyl..............No doubt about it. Best D man Canucks Hutton, Suban a close 2nd...................Gaunce really good, Abol or something like that a real surprise .........Good, A good long shot.........................Fox..................Thank god Witt had a bounce back game, had him pegged as cheese grater, give him a 2nd look................Biggest dissapointment from everyone...........Shinkarek..........was worth a bag of pucks, now a puck.............will follow in Jensen's footsteps, worthless piece of ....Had about 10 players all even Gaunce, McCann, Ehlers, Lemieux, Ryan Olsen, etc..............Some of the so called sure things eg. Sam Bennett was invisible & he was awesome in the playoffs for Calgary.............So who knows,Pretty early in the year to peg guys in or write them off, but go to the tourney & you will sure make an opinon of these guys..................Want to have have fun, great time, Stayed were the players were , pretty damn good, Actually even got a suite for the last game, but not a bad seat in the house, Will be back there next year, FOR SURE, a no miss for fun.................................

Did you forget which number Shinkaruk was during the jets game? At least the second best player on the ice

Or are you just drunk right now judging by that formatting?

Kreider isn't soft and although he doesn't run hot like Virtanen alot of the time he hits hard and pretty often.

Very physical in the 2014 playoffs and is already hated by many in the east.

I still think he's the NHL player with the most similar skillset to Virtanen. A bit bigger but Virtanen is a little meaner and has a better shot IMO.

Kreider's physical play is pretty much limited to running over goalies and eventually he will pay for this.

https://youtu.be/JI6b6OBj1Ig

Do you listen to yourself talk or just enjoy every opportunity to speak in capitals. He didn't say trade him for a grinder or a vet, he said package him. He is the perfect trade bait on the Canucks prospect roster. It takes money to make money and we have skilled winger prospects moving forward, we don't have a young stable defensemen.

He is smarter than you!

I think he'll be on a boat to Europe real soon, 2nd worst pick we have had after Shinkarek, so we'll see, LOL

Congrats on having the two worst posts in this thread!

Archived