The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Post-Game] Vancouver drubs Calgary.

Odd.

This game was awesome, was there on the red line behind the penalty box. I screamed like a little girl when Virtanen scored. It was a beauty.

Gave my first fist pump of the season.

That was definitely what fans watching this tournament wanted to see. Hopefully he can keep the ball rolling in preseason.

I agree. I wonder when the Ehler's and Nylander guys will join the Nuk guys, and realize we got the better players in Jake and Bo? How worried must Jet's fans be about Ehler's being a bust?

Far too early for any bust-callings.

Once Jake makes the team most will get onboard. He'll provide an immediate, obvious, and impactful dimension that the team doesn't have, and as long as he keeps to a simple game to minimize mistakes and continues to show improvement, he'll become a crowd favourite in short order. People always enjoy pure skill, but Canucks fans have always loved the guys who will hit and play hard -- Smyl, Snepsts, Williams, etc.

funny that everyones finally coming around to virtanen the kid could have been a 4th liner at 17 has the speed and body to play in bigs hes just turned 19 and he looks great i think most of our fans have no clue about what makes a good hockey player this kid hits like a train skating is elite and has hands not sure why people have beeen bitching at us taking him over a scrawny kid name ehlers the last two yrs hes the real deal folks

Floating? Picking the puck up in your own zone is floating? They must have changed the meaning since 1 second before you posted.

It has come to my attention that he wasn't floating on that play. Instead, he was actually jabbing at Schneider for like 4 seconds and missed the play lol.

I can't say he has impressed me this tournament. He had some flashes of brilliance, showcasing his skating and strength, but I thought his overall play was subpar.

I think we may see a lot of the guy who failed to backcheck getting a breakaway. Most won't have Virtanen's wheels though. Not very excited about 3 on 3 to be honest.

I am kind of surprised that everyone is so fired up about Stewart. Good size, good skating, and can hit, yeah, but that may as well have been a baseball bat he was holding. I would be he goes to the ECHL to get some reps. I wonder if a) he's pissed about having his position switched or, b ) it'll de-rail his career. He looks comfortable on the ice, and in the corners, just not around the puck.

I agree. I wonder when the Ehler's and Nylander guys will join the Nuk guys, and realize we got the better players in Jake and Bo? How worried must Jet's fans be about Ehler's being a bust?

Far too early for any bust-callings.

Once Jake makes the team most will get onboard. He'll provide an immediate, obvious, and impactful dimension that the team doesn't have, and as long as he keeps to a simple game to minimize mistakes and continues to show improvement, he'll become a crowd favourite in short order. People always enjoy pure skill, but Canucks fans have always loved the guys who will hit and play hard -- Smyl, Snepsts, Williams, etc.

I was for drafting Ehlers but got over that a while ago. Virtanen is going to be a coaching project if we want to realize his offensive potential, but that's alright. Shinkaruk is a similar player to Ehlers but has overcome more developmental challenges and is further along. If this tournament showed anything, it's that our prospects are more than competitive with those drafted ahead of them by other teams.

Archived