The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US priests accused of sex abuse get a second chance by relocating to South America

Red Light Racicot

There's a big difference between doing wrong and knowingly doing wrong.

This priest is supposedly a holy man and sheds light on people's lives. He's looked upon as a "good" guy and is there to teach people how to live better. I'm 100% sure he's told others about not to rape and abuse etc yet here he is caught of doing what he's supposed to preach against others from.

I don't get how you don't see the difference lol.

It's not right. Still, if he knowingly does what is wrong, then he also knows what is right. I believe he should be given another chance to show it.

Like I've said, he/she doesn't have to be given a second chance, but at least there's a possibility they can change if they do.

I have answered it, just not directly to you.

I'll expand on it.

Surround them with a community of people, young and old, who want to see him change and will encourage him to do so as well as have regular check-ups to see how he's doing and if he feels tempted at all. If he has, maybe remove the children from his social sphere temporarily. Build him up, give him a positive identity, and when the temptations go, then bring the children back.

You have NOT answered the question directly to anyone.

You really think a pedophile priest is going to answer the question "if he feels tempted at all" honestly? C'mon, use your common sense.

Again: Do you seriously think that an innocent child should have to pay the price for a pedophile priest's second chance?

I care about everyone. That's why I want to help these people. If you feel the need to put them through a rehab program in prison, then do that. If you feel to give them a second chance, then do that, and put him in a community that's willing to help him be accountable and help him change.

I don't care what the research says. Every human has the capacity to change. Even the worst ones.

ding ding

It's not right. Still, if he knowingly does what is wrong, then he also knows what is right.

Makes absolutely no sense at all. Especially considering this is a labelled "priest", he knew what was right and still did wrong. You pretty much just said what I said.

This priest is a pos and should rot in prison till his last breath.

It's good that they're getting a second chance. But if they screw up again, they should be dealt with accordingly by both legal and religious authorities. They're leaders of the community, they're not supposed to be monsters.

I disagree - they should no longer be in a position of authority.

They should be stripped of their priesthood.

Just like we wouldn't allow a convicted pedophile to work in a day care once he gets of jail.

You really think a pedophile priest is going to answer the question "if he feels tempted at all" honestly? C'mon, use your common sense.

Again: Do you seriously think that an innocent child should have to pay the price for a pedophile priest's second chance?

Are you fracking kidding me? I'd be thrilled out of my mind if the pedophile priest that molested me got a second chance!

Yes, if he's in an open environment that encourages conversation on such topics. It'll take some brave people.

It would have to be a mutual decision between parents and children, as far as the question you seem to never read my answers to goes.

Yes, if he's in an open environment that encourages conversation on such topics. It'll take some brave people.

It would have to be a mutual decision between parents and children, as far as the question you seem to never read my answers to goes.

"Brave people" Are you kidding me? An innocent 4 or 5 year old has a 'choice' in this?? Thank you for the clarification that you endorse the sexual assault and molestation of innocent children in order to give pedophile priests their 'second chance'..... I don't think I have ever, in all my time on this board, seen such an endorsement. I've read your answers, all the side stepping around actually having to admit that you believe in allowing pedophile priests a second chance at molesting children by covering up their misdeeds and allowing them further access to innocent children. Well done, thejazz97....now we all know where you stand.

"Brave people" Are you kidding me? An innocent 4 or 5 year old has a 'choice' in this?? Thank you for the clarification that you endorse the sexual assault and molestation in order to give pedophile priests their 'second chance'..... I don't think I have ever, in all my time on this board, seen such an endorsement. I've read your answers, all the side stepping around actually having to admit that you believe in allowing pedophile priests a second chance at molesting children by covering up their misdeeds and allowing them further access to innocent children. Well done, jazz97....now we all know where you stand.

Did I say I endorsed it? When did I say I endorsed it? I never said anything about covering up their misdeeds either.

It's a terrible thing to do, to molest someone. Always has and always will be - and it should never happen in the first place. And afterwards for a fair amount of time, if they're not doing some form of rehab in prison, they should be observed and held accountable by people who are willing to help them and want to see them change for the better.

That's my stance.

Did I say I endorsed it? When did I say I endorsed it? I never said anything about covering up their misdeeds either.

It's a terrible thing to do, to molest someone. Always has and always will be - and it should never happen in the first place. And afterwards for a fair amount of time, if they're not doing some form of rehab in prison, they should be observed and held accountable by people who are willing to help them and want to see them change for the better.

That's my stance.

Read your response again. You have endorsed it. The 'yes' below in bold is in response to the question "Do you seriously think that an innocent child should pay the price for a pedophile priest's 'second chance'?"

I'm not going to speak about this specific case, but people in this thread should understand that sexually offending against a prepubescent victim does not necessarily mean that that individual has pedophilic sexual interests.

Speaking specifically about juvenile sex offenders, most juveniles that sexually offend against children show sexual preferences for peer-aged females.

This is not a post 'in defence' of pedophiles.

Archived