The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

7 hours ago, fivethej said:

How do Ujiri & Casey keep their jobs after being swept in back to back playoff losses to Cavs along with losing East Finals 2 yrs ago. Ujiri promised "culture change" and Raps changed the whole way they play to defeat Lebron & Cavs which didn't worked. Raps are so scared of Lebron and give him way too much respect.

They can't stand pat and do nothing. I don't think much of Ujiri to be honest. He hasn't done many trades since he's been in Toronto or much of anything. They need to hire experienced people as GM and Coach. Casey has taken them as far as he can.

Raps do need 3rd star for sure. But who wants to come play in Canada.

Masai Ujiri is one of the best gms in the league. He built a near 60 win team. I wouldn't be so quick to fire him. 

I would fire Casey and bring in Jerry Stackhouse. They've been grooming him for a couple years in the G League. 

I'd also try to trade Lowry for Wiggins

22 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Masai Ujiri is one of the best gms in the league. He built a near 60 win team. I wouldn't be so quick to fire him. 

I would fire Casey and bring in Jerry Stackhouse. They've been grooming him for a couple years in the G League. 

I'd also try to trade Lowry for Wiggins

It sucks for the Raps because this is likely the last year of Cleveland's dominance but (hopefully) next season the Celtics will start their eastern dynasty. 

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

It sucks for the Raps because this is likely the last year of Cleveland's dominance but (hopefully) next season the Celtics will start their eastern dynasty. 

Celtics, Sixers, and Bucks are all capable of being powerhouses in the future. 

Sucks for the Raps. OG Anunoby is a star in the making though. Siakam and Poetel are bulding blocks as well. Atleast the Raps have some pieces to work with

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Have to do something to shake things up. Maybe ship out both best buds Lowry and DeRozan.

Try to get Kwahi Leonard. I don't know do something. This team needs a shakeup.

Lowry and DeRozan era has stalled and stagnated. 

Why would The TWolves move Wiggins for Lowry

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, J-23 said:

Brad Stevens is coach of the year, his team is missing both superstars, and they're demolishing teams. Plus his inbound plays are on point.

Terry Rozier just came out of nowhere to step up for Kyrie. 

Celtics are real and will be perennial contenders again. Thanks to get drafting and trades along with free agency.

Real complete team with good coaching and management from Danny Ainge. Stark contrast to the Lakers tire fire since Kobe retired.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

Maybe Lowry fits better in a big 3 with Jimmy Butler and KAT?

Were murmurs that Wiggins is not really digging being an afterthought in the pecking order.

Honestly don't know. Feel like they have to do something. DeRozan and Lowry are not getting much better at this point. The growth will come from additions or probably they will just hope young players get to the next level.

• Upvote 1

I’ve never been a fan of Lowry since day 1, even though he’s had a better year..he’s not a guy you win a championship with. 

Just seems like no real stars want to come to Toronto.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Cause everyone thinks very lowly of Wiggins and he has a massive contract. His advanced numbers are horrible and he basically asked for a trade during the year. 

Wiggins has some potential imo. A trade to play back home might bring out the best in him. 

Tom Thibodeau would be all over that deal. 

• Upvote 1

So the Raptors' big plan today was to bench Valanciunas? Seems right that they got torched for that one early, and that the game only changed when he came on.

Doesn't need to be said, but Casey is &^@#ing ridiculous.

Edit: take him off again and of course the game swings back to Cleveland's favour.

Also Ibaka is the worst.

Edited by g_bassi13
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn’t mind holding on to Lowry, however, DeRozan needs to go. He’s way too selfish; only passes when he sees he doesn’t have a clear lane to the basket, and ends up turning it over. His tendency to do fade away contested jumpers is what kills the team. He’s disappeared way too many times when it matters; the guy is horrible in the clutch.  Anunoby can definitely play in the starting line-up next year to fill DeRozan’s void. 

Ibaka’s time is done as well. Way too inconsistent and slow. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think the Raptors have a very good team.  They need to stick to what they have.  King James might be on Philly next season, or in LA, or who knows?  Losing reveals character.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Raptors have a very good team.  They need to stick to what they have.  King James might be on Philly next season, or in LA, or who knows?  Losing reveals character.  

I don’t see them beating Boston next year. This year was their best chance to make the finals and lose in the championships.

• Upvote 1