The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 minute ago, gmen81 said:

It's unbelievable that people will bash LeBron and say he isn't the goat if he loses in the finals again. 

You know what we call those people? Morons. 

They'd be the first to go if I could blink people out of existence. 

1 minute ago, Tony Romo said:

According to some people it would have been better for Lebron to lose tonight than to lose in the finals. 

Those people need to give their heads a shake. I'd rather be 2nd then 3-16 like I've previously said on this forum.

39 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Now people saying it's not an accomplishment to get to 8 straight finals cuz he had to play Indy, Toronto and Boston without Hayward and Kyrie. 

I know hahah But at the start of the playoffs everyone was saying thinks like Philadelphia doesn’t even need to go after Lebron in free agency, this Toronto team is for real and Brad Stevens is the goat 

Edited by Tony Romo

38 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Now people saying it's not an accomplishment to get to 8 straight finals cuz he had to play Indy, Toronto and Boston without Hayward and Kyrie. 

It very much is an accomplishment regardless, Boston still has many high end draft pick talent on their team but definitely would have been a different challenge with Hayward and Kyrie were there, I don't think even LeBron could have lifted his scrubs up that high.  I will say this year making it to the finals is definitely his biggest accomplishment since his original debut with the Cavs in the finals prior to his Miami stint.  

2 hours ago, gmen81 said:

It's unbelievable that people will bash LeBron and say he isn't the goat if he loses in the finals again. 

I have Jordan as my #1 personally, I got to see him play once and it was fascinating, and maybe its just the sheer competitiveness that drove him, not saying LeBron isn't driven by wanting to win at all, but its hard for me to put him above Jordan.  I would definitely put Jordan and LeBron as 1A and 1B with no clear winner over each other though.  I rewatch and remember some of the Jordan era and it was such a pound and beat you up type game back then as opposed to the ticky tacky fouls of today but each player excelled well above their peers in their respective eras. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

I know hahah But at the start of the playoffs everyone was saying thinks like Philadelphia doesn’t even need to go after Lebron in free agency, this Toronto team is for real and Brad Stevens is the goat 

Brad Stevens kind of is the GOAT. Imagine what his team will do with Irving and Hayward.

Toronto....well...I don't know what the &^@# is going on there lol.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, J-23 said:

Brad Stevens kind of is the GOAT. Imagine what his team will do with Irving and Hayward.

Toronto....well...I don't know what the &^@# is going on there lol.

I'm so excited for next season. I kinda hope they start Hayward on the bench because he's coming off a serious injury and Tatum has every right

to start. I think we could have competed this year without Hayward but losing Irving was a huge blow. At least they say his knee will be 100%.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I'm so excited for next season. I kinda hope they start Hayward on the bench because he's coming off a serious injury and Tatum has every right

to start. I think we could have competed this year without Hayward but losing Irving was a huge blow. At least they say his knee will be 100%.

How long before Kyrie complains that Tatum is getting all the attention? Maybe we don't see Kyrie in Boston past next year...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's getting harder and harder to argue....

Personally, I'm disappointed. Would have loved to see a Celtics-Rockets final, but LeBron has once again carried a team to the dance.

LBJ is great for sure.  I wonder about the NBA though.  If the Warriors win tonight, and we get another LBJ v Durrant Final I don't know how much it's those players' greatness, and how much it's the league wanting their most marketable stars in the Final.  Maybe it's just the nature of a five on five game for one great player to dominate though? 

41 minutes ago, Van40 said:

How long before Kyrie complains that Tatum is getting all the attention? Maybe we don't see Kyrie in Boston past next year...

You realize the real reason Kyrie wanted out was because he found out the Cavs were shopping him around right? The 'wants to be the man' is just fabricated speculation.

However if Boston were to actually beat Cleveland I would be very concerned with Kyrie not feeling needed. It was a great run and Celtics were playing with house money at the end of it. Injury plagued team took the best NBA player of all time to the brink.

Just now, Xbox said:

You realize the real reason Kyrie wanted out was because he found out the Cavs were shopping him around right? The 'wants to be the man' is just fabricated speculation.

However if Boston were to actually beat Cleveland I would be very concerned with Kyrie not feeling needed. It was a great run and Celtics were playing with house money at the end of it. Injury plagued team took the best NBA player of all time to the brink.

How do we know why Kyrie wanted out?  Maybe he actually wanted to stay?