The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau Sworn In As Canada's 23rd Prime Minister

DonLever

I don't mind Libertarians at all.

But I think the Ndp came out as the biggest losers this election. In fact I know they did, I guess you missed election night...

Forget your meds?

1. Christian Heritage is not Libertarian. 

2. I wanted Liberals to win.

3. I am well aware of the NDP's losses.

What is your point bringing up the NDP's losses? Are you trying to get a reaction out of an NDP supporter? Keep fishing trolling I guess.

Forget your meds?

1. Christian Heritage is not Libertarian. 

2. I wanted Liberals to win.

3. I am well aware of the NDP's losses.

What is your point bringing up the NDP's losses? Are you trying to get a reaction out of an NDP supporter? Keep fishing trolling I guess.

Nope didn't forget meds at all I believe its you thats the admitted drug user.

I know they are not the same party I re read your post and went wtf hence why I added CHP?????

I initially thought you were referring to TM. Clearly you have me confused not surprised you do get in endless arguments on cdc i guess thats just you eh?

Btw the other thread shows your glaring support for the Ndp.

And why did you bring up Conservatives?

Just to troll?

Nope didn't forget meds at all I believe its you thats the admitted drug user.

I know they are not the same party I re read your post and went wtf hence why I added CHP?????

I initially thought you were referring to TM. Clearly you have me confused not surprised you do get in endless arguments on cdc i guess thats just you eh?

Btw the other thread shows your glaring support for the Ndp.

And why did you bring up Conservatives?

Just to troll?

:lol: 

This is unbelievable!

this means what exactly?

Just read the tones of many of the posts.

If a male MP was more qualified for a position, but was overlooked due to his gender.... that's a step backwards in equality, but apparently a step forward for political correctness. 

I personally can care less about race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  I just want the best people to be the one in charge.  Whether it ends up as cabinet being all women because they're the most qualified and experienced people around, or just all old white dudes... whoever is best for the job should get the job. 

Of course, it's government.  The best and brightest knows better than to enter politics.

If a male MP was more qualified for a position, but was overlooked due to his gender.... that's a step backwards in equality, but apparently a step forward for political correctness. 

I personally can care less about race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  I just want the best people to be the one in charge.  Whether it ends up as cabinet being all women because they're the most qualified and experienced people around, or just all old white dudes... whoever is best for the job should get the job. 

Of course, it's government.  The best and brightest knows better than to enter politics.

How petty.  Nobody is expecting anyone to compromise capable people for gender (or race for that matter), but what you're simply pushing is the most overused, laziest excuse:  that you can't find qualified women.

Also, you should know better than to put any real weight behind cabinet minister appointments.  Do you think Peter Kent knew anything about the environment?  Or that Rona Ambrose knew a damn thing about health?

I don't  understand why so much importance is on sex. It should be the 30 best people for the job, no matter what. Good people were chosen. All this attention on a 50/50 split is ridiculous. 

The problem with this sentiment is that it assumes there cannot be more than one person qualified to do a job, or that there is always going to be a "most qualified" candidate.

My belief is that there are equally qualified candidates for most cabinet positions, or the differences are minimal enough to be inconsequential. That being the case, it makes perfect sense IMHO, to have the cabinet be as representative of Canadian society as possible. Therefore, you have an equal split between men and women, the inclusion of indigenous peoples and representation from minorities, such as Indo-Canadians.

I'm wondering how many cabinet ministers really know a whole heck of a lot about that which they oversee?  Don't they have an entire department of qualified and experienced people guiding them anyway?  The Prime Minister could maybe even appoint a duck, and the ministry would function smoothly.

Archived