The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau Sworn In As Canada's 23rd Prime Minister

DonLever

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That seems to be the trend. Instead of talking about their own issues the most common defense by the liberal and NDP is to defer the issue to a past issue of the cons. Guess what cons are no longer in power. They are no longer the ones up for question. It has nothing to do with what they did in the past and has all to do with what they are currently doing. 

Reporter "notley what is the purpose of Bill (insert) and how do you plan to make sure it's properly implemented"

Notley "well the conservatives spent money on (insert) one time"

It's very childish.  It's like when a kid gets in trouble and he used the. "But billy did this" excuse. 

Its funny. The one post with a unhappy comment about Justin is followed up with two defenders with the "but Harper did this". Who cares hapers not in power anymore he's not the one in question

Actually, I am not entirely saying Harper did this.  I am simply stating there is little difference and am in no way entirely letting junior off the hook.  You need the comparison to be fair.  Junior is doing the same yes, but at least he is being open honest and transparent about it while doing exactly what he said he was going to do

I am just happy it is being done so openly and really hoping ti is done with substance instead of just spending money to spend money.

I want more than words and signs every 20 feet.  I want a solid investment in the future of this country for the grief it is going to cause

35 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Oh the hypocrisy!! Harper and his regime deflected from questions by referring to the liberals the entire time they were in power. Not just a few months after, but for the entire 10 years they were in power.

Haha, how sad, the 4 different posters and 4 of the same responses. 

"But...But.... Harper did this...."

And I care about what Harper did because?....

Good responses everyone, it really discusses the "current" issue.. ha, It's like a couple of preschooler discussing why they were eating the crayons.."Billy ate more than I did"... kind of pathetic actually. 

3 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Harper didn't do anything by this point either except hand out cash to his friends.

And gender quota in the cabinet?  That's already a dead issue.  You know women are just as qualified as men for these jobs, right?  If you look at all the appointments, you can't find any problems with any of their qualifications.

Lol JT has handed out a ton of money just none of it was in Canada.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If only eh?

Then we could go back and stop the Liberals from nearly destroying our armed Forces. Remember the dark days of the 90's?

Now come back with the nothing will happen argument or America will protect us b.s.

Eh?  The cons didn't exactly help with that.  And they degraded vet support to ash.

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Good responses everyone, it really discusses the "current" issue.. ha, It's like a couple of preschooler discussing why they were eating the crayons.."Billy ate more than I did"... kind of pathetic actually. 

So did you whine this much when the Harper gov't did this for 10 years?  They never gave a straight answer the entire time they were in office. At least Trudeau's gov't answers their critics. That is the point I was making. You whining about what Trudeau supporters are doing even though the Harper gov't did it as a matter of course the entire time they were in office is absolute hypocrisy.

Did you even once complain about the Conservatives refusing to answer a straight question the entire time they were in office, ever? I very much doubt it! Yet here you are whining about the Liberals after a few months. You can deflect from the hypocrisy all you want, but it is still hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So did you whine this much when the Harper gov't did this for 10 years?  They never gave a straight answer the entire time they were in office. At least Trudeau's gov't answers their critics. That is the point I was making. You whining about what Trudeau supporters are doing even though the Harper gov't did it as a matter of course the entire time they were in office is absolute hypocrisy.

Did you even once complain about the Conservatives refusing to answer a straight question the entire time they were in office, ever? I very much doubt it! Yet here you are whining about the Liberals after a few months. You can deflect from the hypocrisy all you want, but it is still hypocrisy.

"But...But.... the harper did this...."

ha. You just got no other argument hey...talk about deflecting.....

18 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

"But...But.... the harper did this...."

ha. You just got no other argument hey...talk about deflecting.....

I'm not arguing, I am stating facts. If you don't like it ignore the posts that point out the fact that Harper used this method the entire time he was in office and reply to ones that talk about what you want everyone to stick to.

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm not arguing, I am stating facts. If you don't like it ignore the posts that point out the fact that Harper used this method the entire time he was in office and reply to ones that talk about what you want everyone to stick to.

You sure are making his point for him.

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It's a nice sentiment but as much as you may like to compartmentalize all of this and 'like, live in the now maaaan', the past does affect the present.

Evidently JT's plan is to invest in the country in the present as a response to that past and it's effects on the present. Perhaps you'd like to discuss that instead of the subtle trolling your currently doing/being part of the problem?

On 12/1/2015 at 9:46 PM, Lockout Casualty said:

You're aware that we voted against it last year too, right? So it's at least business as usual.

Also worth noting that EU nations all abstained. 

A lot of things shouldn't be celebrated, but it's not up to you to decide. Freedom means we allow people to express themselves regardless how despicable the opinion may be. We have laws against hate speech already. More than that, by preventing people from speaking their thoughts we prevent ourselves from disassociating from such elements. Let people have the proverbial rope.

Agreed.

It was a slam dunk that the US was going to vote against something that restricts the First Amendment and although free speech is somewhat more limited in Canada than it is in the US, it doesn't surprise me that we would vote against it as well. As you say, we already have laws against hate speech.

It was also a pretty safe bet that the Ukraine was going to vote against any resolution put forth by the Russians.

Is Trudeau and the Liberals still getting free pass?  In the election, they promised to cap deficit at $10B.  

The Liberals promised in their election platform to cap deficits at $10 billion – a figure they’ll now blow past – and to balance the books by 2019-20, something Morneau says “may take a little longer than we expected” due to economic volatility.

Instead, finance officials said Monday that the deficit is expected to be at least $2.3 billion in the current fiscal year, $18.4 billion in 2016-17 and $15.5 billion in 2017-18 — far above the projections laid out by the Liberals last November.

22 hours ago, J.R. said:

It's a nice sentiment but as much as you may like to compartmentalize all of this and 'like, live in the now maaaan', the past does affect the present.

Evidently JT's plan is to invest in the country in the present as a response to that past and it's effects on the present. Perhaps you'd like to discuss that instead of the subtle trolling your currently doing/being part of the problem?

I hope he does.

While he's at it, maybe he can pass some laws/restrictions about whether a Canadian company can call themselves one if most of their employees are in India.  

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

I hope he does.

While he's at it, maybe he can pass some laws/restrictions about whether a Canadian company can call themselves one if most of their employees are in India.  

Id say 12-1 ratio, as long as the company has a phone registered in canada that connects them to India they are canadian. 

Archived