The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

gizmo2337

• 6 months later...
On 4/10/2016 at 11:05 AM, Warhippy said:

Does Lu have another 120 wins in him before retiring?  I seriously think he does myself with an up and coming Florida team in a questionable division.

He better, see other thread about the recapture penalty if he retires early?  120 wins = 3-4 more years of playing.  

How nice, season opener tonight was Luongo vs. Schneider ... lot of bromance there.   

On October 13, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Neversummer said:

He better, see other thread about the recapture penalty if he retires early?  120 wins = 3-4 more years of playing.  

How nice, season opener tonight was Luongo vs. Schneider ... lot of bromance there.   

I think he is there for the next two seasons, after that his salary drops by 3.3 mill for 2018 and then a couple more mill the next season. I can't imagine him playing just for the fun of the game and getting a bit over 1 mill per season. I don't think we will see him play for 3 something million even.

On 15/10/2016 at 8:00 PM, Neversummer said:

+1 ... I think we might have a HOF'er here.  

Cujo never got in... although I think he will, eventually. Everyone else near the top of the list got in.

If he wins a cup, he's a shoe in. If not, then it might take awhile. If you compare Luongo to Cujo, Luongo has far more achievements, on paper.

3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Cujo never got in... although I think he will, eventually. Everyone else near the top of the list got in.

If he wins a cup, he's a shoe in. If not, then it might take awhile. If you compare Luongo to Cujo, Luongo has far more achievements, on paper.

Lou is a HOF, lots of nhl wins and oly medals plus many other tourneys.

Well now he is officially 2nd all time in losses and the only one left to pass now is Brodeur who is another 40 or so losses ahead of him. I've said this before  but i have a hard time thinking he is getting voted in to HOF especially now with having a slightly worse win/loss record than CuJo. Sad but i think both of these goalies will be overlooked as it seems goalies get in on Vezina and Stanley cup awards only.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 5:29 PM, Westcoasting said:

Well now he is officially 2nd all time in losses and the only one left to pass now is Brodeur who is another 40 or so losses ahead of him. I've said this before  but i have a hard time thinking he is getting voted in to HOF especially now with having a slightly worse win/loss record than CuJo. Sad but i think both of these goalies will be overlooked as it seems goalies get in on Vezina and Stanley cup awards only.

Being 2nd in losses is a telling sign of how good he is though. If the losses were mostly his fault, he wouldn't keep getting starts.

He's one of, if not the best of his era, and I think will get recognition as a HOF'er. He's had too good of a career not to.

37 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Being 2nd in losses is a telling sign of how good he is though. If the losses were mostly his fault, he wouldn't keep getting starts.

He's one of, if not the best of his era, and I think will get recognition as a HOF'er. He's had too good of a career not to.

Well considering Joseph with the similar results as Lui has never got any recognition in the hof yet I'm don't know how Lui will get in. Both are great goalies though.

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Well considering Joseph with the similar results as Lui has never got any recognition in the hof yet I'm don't know how Lui will get in. Both are great goalies though.

Lu's numbers are bound to get better, giving him the better resume. Though Joseph could get in too at some point.

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Lu's numbers are bound to get better, giving him the better resume. Though Joseph could get in too at some point.

No they won't actually because it's a ratio, sure he will get more wins but he also will have a pile more losses than Joseph. But i think the killer is that without a Vezina or Cup to his name he won't get in. If you look at goalies who have got in the last 30 or so years they all have multiple cups and Vezina trophies, Lui and Joseph have neither.

This shouldn't even be debated. Luongo is a HOFer period. His performances during the season, playoffs have been nothing short of spectacular. Without him in net, we wouldn't have been able to see the team within a win of winning the Cup. I hope he does win a cup and Vezina because he deserves it. One of best goalies during this decade

27 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

No they won't actually because it's a ratio, sure he will get more wins but he also will have a pile more losses than Joseph. But i think the killer is that without a Vezina or Cup to his name he won't get in. If you look at goalies who have got in the last 30 or so years they all have multiple cups and Vezina trophies, Lui and Joseph have neither.

Getting losses doesn't hurt a goalie's overall record though, just look at Brodeur.

It's true they might not let him in due to no Vezina/Cup, but that would really take away their credibility. He's had a Vezina-like season (better than others that ended up winning it) and was 1 game away from a Cup and likely Conn Smythe.

If he doesn't get in, it's quite frankly a joke and a disgrace to hockey.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Tells also how durable he is to be playing that many games and still getting majority of the starts at 37 for his team.

8 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

As it's the Hockey Hall of Fame, and not the NHL Hall of Fame, I'd like to believe that Luongo's Olympic gold medals would give him the necessary 'trophies' on the CV to enable his induction.

Archived