The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

3 hours ago, poetica said:

And that beats Montreal's win streak record for this season, lengthens the franchise win streak record, and I believe matches Luongo's career win streak best (from his time in Vancouver).

He broke his own record from 2006 for consecutive wins (7) with the Panthers

Has won 8 in a row now, only allowing 10 goals!

Edited by JV77
  • Upvote 1

Had he still been a Canuck, the fans would have bood him and torts would bench him after Montoya won on Sunday T_T 

It absolutely shatters my heart to see that he's once again, without a doubt, the best goalie in the nhl and it's not in blue and green :'( 

At least now that he's not wearing the Vancouver colours, they'll actually let him win the vezina. 

I'm happy for him but more sad for what could have been here. 

4.5 cap hit... Is there anyone at a better value? What a signing by MG. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Had he still been a Canuck, the fans would have bood him and torts would bench him after Montoya won on Sunday T_T 

It absolutely shatters my heart to see that he's once again, without a doubt, the best goalie in the nhl and it's not in blue and green :'( 

At least now that he's not wearing the Vancouver colours, they'll actually let him win the vezina. 

I'm happy for him but more sad for what could have been here. 

4.5 cap hit... Is there anyone at a better value? What a signing by MG. 

Absolute steal/bargain for Florida.  Even at his full 5.3, don't think there is a better value for a top goalie.

• Upvote 1

nice to see Florida(LUU) doing so well this year.

i like their team a lot...i really wanted to see us do whatever it took to get Ekblad....oh well.....our turn is coming.

i think the Panthers will be my second team this year and i would love love to see them(LUU) win the cup if it cant be our Canucks.

out here in toronto the talking heads are saying stuff like "say what you will about luongo, he's having a great year"

and i'm yelling while driving "say what you will? what? that he's one of the best goalies in history and a heck of a human being?! or are you still referring to once when you paid attention to the canucks for a seven game span?"

1 hour ago, Toni Zamboni said:

nice to see Florida(LUU) doing so well this year.

i like their team a lot...i really wanted to see us do whatever it took to get Ekblad....oh well.....our turn is coming.

i think the Panthers will be my second team this year and i would love love to see them(LUU) win the cup if it cant be our Canucks.

lol I think he is pretty much an untouchable for them.  He is going to become a norris trophy d-man.  Barkov is star in the making for them.  Lu said he reminds him of Datsyuk and he does play and move like him.

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

W 420 

9 wins in a row!

11 wins in a row for the Panthers!  That's helluva streak, next team with anything close is like 5 wins. 

Awesome, very happy for Strombone, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!  He must be so relaxed, playing well, having fun again.    

Edited by Neversummer

Gotta say, I don't complain about moves the Canucks make often since I believe the GMs know their jobs better than me... but it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize we had two of the top 10 goalies in the league and let them both go.

Schneider is probably in the top 5, if he was on a powerhouse team with solid defence... his numbers would be astronomical.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

Gotta say, I don't complain about moves the Canucks make often since I believe the GMs know their jobs better than me... but it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize we had two of the top 10 goalies in the league and let them both go.

Schneider is probably in the top 5, if he was on a powerhouse team with solid defence... his numbers would be astronomical.

The only thing that makes our past ridiculous goaltending controversy palatable is Horvat as he has a very bright future. At the time though, ugh. Then when we traded Lu anyways? UGHWTF.

Can't blame Brodeur for winning the Vezina in 07, he set the record for wins in a season that year. But it does show perspective on how silly it is to grade a goalie's career based on the number of Vezina's they have. Lu's 07 season was far better than many recent winners, such as Bobrovsky and Rask.

And did Lu just set a record for himself with his 9th straight win? Didn't think he'd do that with Florida...

40 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Can't blame Brodeur for winning the Vezina in 07, he set the record for wins in a season that year. But it does show perspective on how silly it is to grade a goalie's career based on the number of Vezina's they have. Lu's 07 season was far better than many recent winners, such as Bobrovsky and Rask.

And did Lu just set a record for himself with his 9th straight win? Didn't think he'd do that with Florida...

How is Lui's season in 2007 better than Rask's Vezinas season?