The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Radim Vrbata a MINUS 8 ??!!

bohonos76

I'll say it again; he's a paycheque player.

If thats the case, he should be lighting it up. Its a contract year for him. He just looks like another Michael Samuelson to me. A guy that thinks he's better than he is, came here to play with the Sedins, got ton of opportunities, lost his spot, and is now being a baby about it. Honestly, you expct more out of a 10 year veteran.If he doesn't want to tow the line and do what it takes to help the team, get rid of him. If we're going to lose, I'd rather do it with the young guns on the ice. At least they'd be getting experience.

If thats the case, he should be lighting it up. Its a contract year for him. He just looks like another Michael Samuelson to me. A guy that thinks he's better than he is, came here to play with the Sedins, got ton of opportunities, lost his spot, and is now being a baby about it. Honestly, you expct more out of a 10 year veteran.If he doesn't want to tow the line and do what it takes to help the team, get rid of him. If we're going to lose, I'd rather do it with the young guns on the ice. At least they'd be getting experience.

Samuelsson was a baby about not playing with the twins? Is there any merit to this claim?

Samuelsson was a baby about not playing with the twins? Is there any merit to this claim?

Not really considering Burrows was a lock with the Sedins when Samuelsson was signed. He was signed for the second line and pp. A step up since he was on the third line in Detroit plus some pp time.

He never lost his spot with the Sedins last year. The second line was producing nothing so he was moved down to spread the scoring out and it worked. Thus this year WD did the same to start but the second wasn't producing so he moved him back up with the Sedins and they picked up 6 points each in 7 games. What a baby!

I am shocked to see Horvat is only -3. He seems to be on the ice every time the Canucks let in a goal..

I see vrbata is always out there for more goals against. he literally will skate away from the puck when theres contact on him. maybe the press box for a game or make the 1st unit the 2nd powerplay unit when we get the next few powerplays in the next game or two. I find when the sedins play pass on the powerplay we lose all are momentum. It's like the defending teams like oh there just playing pass so just cover the shot gas em out n get a breakaway lol what a joke.

He never lost his spot with the Sedins last year. The second line was producing nothing so he was moved down to spread the scoring out and it worked. Thus this year WD did the same to start but the second wasn't producing so he moved him back up with the Sedins and they picked up 6 points each in 7 games. What a baby!

last year the sedins n vrbata started the season together..... He actually lost the spot cause they were only producing on the powerplay they were not very good 5v5 n when the powerplay went cold he went to the second line. vrbata actually produced just as many points with bonino n Higgins. You must not remember last year very well. It's all good short term memory is a epidemic on CDC.

I liked Samuelsson more than Vrbata. I thought he had more heart.

Well maybe it's a bit easier to "have heart" if you are 6'-2" and 218 lbs. Sammy was a big unit and not easily pushed around, he had a in your face attitude a bit like Hansen.

If you are saying Vbrata is not competing then I beg to differ.

Well maybe it's a bit easier to "have heart" if you are 6'-2" and 218 lbs. Sammy was a big unit and not easily pushed around, he had a in your face attitude a bit like Hansen.

If you are saying Vbrata is not competing then I beg to differ.

Vrbata's compete level has identifiable limits to it. See the series against Calgary for Exhibit 1.

I'll say it again; he's a paycheque player.

i don't think you are watching games, he could have had 3 goals on the last game if he had capitalize on his grade a chances.

Chances generated are what is important. And he has made himself in position to get those chances, only it wasn't going in.

What makes you think he's a paycheck player ha, fig. Don't make absolute statements if you don't rational reason.

Archived