The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3, Habs 4

TheRussianRocket.

Not really surprising.

The vets are too soft and don't even look like they play to win. "Oh we just gotta keep things simple and play a full 60", "You can't win games in this league only playing 40 minutes" and all that other BS they always say after games like this. Ok. You said it. Now go out there and actually fix it! Way to set a good example to the rookies, playing half-assed like its ok to not work hard anymore because we have the lead! Pretty inspiring. Willie D's decision making has been pretty questionable since the first game of the season.

I love this team but right now, all I can say is what a bunch of morons (including the coaches). 

I'm actually not worried about this team. Yeah it's not good to be giving up leads in the third but I think overall we play good games,  ultimately it's just some mental mistakes and lack of detail that cost us.

We're definitely short a couple of d-men who are in the top tier quality. Byfuglien anyone?

Higgins, Weber and Hamuis on the ice together in 3 on 3.

What does Willie expect to happen?

WD knows how to lose...Weber and Hamhuis on the ice on the last shift in regulation almost lost the game, then in overtime...Higgins stopped skating on the backcheck. 

Keep on with the master plan WD and a top 5 pick is ours.

The games have been close, but the Nucks do not have the killer instinct...they quit playing when they are ahead...their intensity dies and they take the foot off the gas.

Virtanen is a mess...he has lost confidence...does fly-byes when he should be stopping and starting, especially when he loses the puck. He has definitely been watching the vets play.

Btw how bad does Horvat look? Remember when people were debating if he was better than Sean Monahan? HA

I wouldnt write him off so quick.  He has had a tough start, and his line mates arent helping much.  But he is part of the problem here.  Sutter goes down and now all the sudden they are relying on him too much in key situations.

The Good:

McCann played a good game.

The 4th Line was fantastic.

Markstrom. Holy crap Markstrom.

The Sedin's. Both played well.

1st Period. Dominated. 

The Bad:

Rest of the game after the first. Are you #%^*ing kidding me? Just basically did nothing after the 3-0 goal and handed Montreal the win.

Hutton. Kid had a pretty poor game, not gonna lie. The GTG is on him.

Virtanen. Also had a pretty poor game.

Shinkaruk. Not NHL ready just yet.

DEFENSE. I cannot emphasize them enough. Markstrom saved their asses all game. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Giving up ANOTHER short handed goal. Seriously, this is a massive problem, and the PP really needs something done about it.

Vrbata. Did he even play tonight?

Horvat. Also had a rather poor game. 

Baertschi. See above.

Weber. Waive him or something, just anything.

I think this is rock bottom guys. This game was in the bag, and we blew it hard. 3-0 lead, dominating. Unbelieveable. The reffing was even going our way for a change. It was ours to lose and lost it we did.

Btw how bad does Horvat look? Remember when people were debating if he was better than Sean Monahan? HA

Horvat has looked great a few games this season, but also terrible a few and the rest just downright invisible. 

I think he'll be fine in the long run just a rough start so far. 

Let me start this off by saying, until recently, i have bee a huge WD supporter. Now off to my rant. WTF ARE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU PUT THESE LINES TOGETHER??? shink on a checking line? Really? Man oh man, im lost for words. I should keep my comments to myself before i get banned! My sister whom doesnt even watch hockey could ice a better line than that... My lines would of been..

Sedin sedin vrbata

Shinkaruk horvat virtanen

Baertshi McCann Dorset/hansen

Higgins cracknell hansen/dorset

COME ON WD!!!

It's time to make a trade. I cannot stand having Weber any longer on the team. 

They let off the gas when we had the a 3-0 lead when we should've put the Habs away. You'd think that short handed goal would wake them up but we just rolled over and let the Habs take over the game.

Markstrom should've had the last goal.

What a soft messy mediocre hockey team this is right now.

LE SIGH

This team is a bottom 10. The coach is a rookie in the NHL - should be fired merely as a scapegoat for losing by seasons end. The D is the worst top 6 in the west. Has anyone seen 2010 hamhuis? Is tanev ever a threat on the ice? Is weber our only PP qb? 

The goaltending I dunno. Markstrom makes me yearn for Schneider even lack. For a big man he plays small and was horrible squaring up shooters (see goal 3 and 4 off the wing).

losing streak is just the start. Getting Matthews or Cychrun would do this team wonders - this is the year to tanks with many aging players on the end of their deals (stockpile picks!)

This team is a bottom 10. The coach is a rookie in the NHL - should be fired merely as a scapegoat for losing by seasons end. The D is the worst top 6 in the west. Has anyone seen 2010 hamhuis? Is tanev ever a threat on the ice? Is weber our only PP qb? 

The goaltending I dunno. Markstrom makes me yearn for Schneider even lack. For a big man he plays small and was horrible squaring up shooters (see goal 3 and 4 off the wing).

losing streak is just the start. Getting Matthews or Cychrun would do this team wonders - this is the year to tanks with many aging players on the end of their deals (stockpile picks!)

This has got to be the worst D in the conference.  Id trade these guys straight up for the oiler d right now.

Archived