The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat has been absolutely terrible this season

Nucks-4-Life

...so, let's trade him?

c69ea5d390a2f1c0dadd422b40a768f3.jpg

He's in his sophomore season, is facing teams best forwards, one of our most used penalty killers, deployed to take defensive zone faceoffs more than anyone, etc. He's got a lot more on his plate compared to last season. Not to mention, his defensive skills are being asked of more than offense. He's pretty much responsible for 2nd line C duties with Sutter sidelined.

People are so dumb

57 minutes ago, Nucks-4-Life said:

This isn't a hate thread on Horvat, he is a potential future captain of this team, and our very own version of Toews. But he is slumping right now, and something needs to be changed...

You're right it's not a Horvat hate thread, it's a thinly veiled WD hate thread.

10 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

This is what happens when you play with fourth liners. There's no sophistication about his game right, it's very grinder-esque hockey.

He's regularly played with Baertschi, Vrbata, and Virtanen. Occasionally had Hansen and Higgins on his wings. Only one I'd consider a grinder, and he is playing well with the Sedins.  

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

He's regularly played with Baertschi, Vrbata, and Virtanen. Occasionally had Hansen and Horvat on his wings. Only one I'd consider a grinder, and he is playing well with the Sedins.  

There's that cloned Horvat popping up in another thread again!

I don't get all the hate and criticism for OP. His observations are pretty much accurate. Horvat has struggled mightily so far this season and especially so with Sutter out of the lineup and all the defensive pressure falls squarely on him as the No.1 go-to-center for this team. His work ethic and talent is still there but he's simply overwhelmed in his second season as a 20-year-old. This is a critical time for him. If he finds a way out of the slump and take off, then we have a future Toews-ish captain on our hands and if he can't get out of it, then maybe he's destined to be a 3rd line center for years to come. 

So, this is actually a thinly veiled JB love thread. Sutter, the foundational player, is actually a cover so Bo can become a foundational player :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Nucks-4-Life said:

I'm a big Bo Horvat fan, but we can't ignore the fact that he has been terrible this season.

Even worse, he seems to bring down the play of his linemates.

Turnovers, bad passes, weak shots, etc.

The only good thing I'm seeing from him this year is his ability to drive strong to the net. I like that, and it can be another weapon in his arsenal.

This isn't a hate thread on Horvat, he is a potential future captain of this team, and our very own version of Toews. But he is slumping right now, and something needs to be changed...

I propose he is dropped down to 4th line C again when Sutter is healthy. That will give him a chance to find his offensive game against weaker players. He can still play the PK, but have McCann take his spot on the 2nd unit PP.

Our own version of Toews? That is sad.

Archived