The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Donald Trump Has Wide Lead Over Rivals in Republican Race

DonLever

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It's funny when people argue right vs left politics, especially when you feel off any moniker off either political party in the US, you realize both are just as oppressive, arrogant and intolerant as each other.  The only difference between Democrats and Republicans is that the Democrats have better PR. 

Well, that and the fact that they aren't talking about building ridiculously expensive and useless walls, nor are they talking about banning people based on their religion of choice...

9 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well, that and the fact that they aren't talking about building ridiculously expensive and useless walls, nor are they talking about banning people based on their religion of choice...

A crazy yahoo (Trump) or a blatant liar and criminal (Hilary) for POTUS..... :wacko:

23 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Wow Loonie really went away. Well done!

He'll be back soon enough.  By the looks of it, he hasn't been logged on much this week.

Instead of hijacking this thread, maybe he'll take his issues to the correct thread. 

He's a grown man who wants attention.  It gets kind of weird at times.

Donald Trump: The problem with Ted Cruz is he’s ‘a bit of a maniac’

Donald Trump says Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is “a bit of a maniac” who doesn’t have the “right temperament” to be president.

“The way he’s dealt with the Senate — where he goes in frankly like a bit of a maniac — you never get things done that way,” Trump said on “Fox News Sunday.” “You can’t walk into the Senate and scream and call people liars and not be able to cajole and get along with people. He’ll never get anything done. That’s the problem with Ted.” (but you can call opponents liars and stupid idiots, and accuse the chancellor of Germany of ruining her country)

Trump, on the other hand, says he has a “much better temperament” than Cruz. (As evidenced by Trump getting into Twitter wars with everyone like an 8th grade girl)

“I actually get along with people much better than he does,” the Republican frontrunner said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “You know people don’t know that about me. I actually have a great relationship with people. In fact, I was criticized in the beginning because I get along with Democrats and liberals and Republicans and conservatives — I get along with everybody.” (Just not Mexican immigrants, Blacks, Muslims and Jews)

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-maniac-181657300.html

Gotta love this guy. It's actually quite a clever plan he's employing. Act like a maniac yourself, then accuse others of exactly what you're guilty of. Deflect, deflect, deflect. And yeah I get that Cruz actually IS a maniac.

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Donald Trump: The problem with Ted Cruz is he’s ‘a bit of a maniac’

Donald Trump says Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is “a bit of a maniac” who doesn’t have the “right temperament” to be president.

“The way he’s dealt with the Senate — where he goes in frankly like a bit of a maniac — you never get things done that way,” Trump said on “Fox News Sunday.” “You can’t walk into the Senate and scream and call people liars and not be able to cajole and get along with people. He’ll never get anything done. That’s the problem with Ted.” (but you can call opponents liars and stupid idiots, and accuse the chancellor of Germany of ruining her country)

Trump, on the other hand, says he has a “much better temperament” than Cruz. (As evidenced by Trump getting into Twitter wars with everyone like an 8th grade girl)

“I actually get along with people much better than he does,” the Republican frontrunner said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “You know people don’t know that about me. I actually have a great relationship with people. In fact, I was criticized in the beginning because I get along with Democrats and liberals and Republicans and conservatives — I get along with everybody.” (Just not Mexican immigrants, Blacks, Muslims and Jews)

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-maniac-181657300.html

Gotta love this guy. It's actually quite a clever plan he's employing. Act like a maniac yourself, then accuse others of exactly what you're guilty of. Deflect, deflect, deflect. And yeah I get that Cruz actually IS a maniac.

I would like Trump to win the Presidency just to see him squirm, when he accepts that he (in all his greatness) can affect no change.  Unless you consider starting global thermo nuclear war change?

I would still like to think that Trump's intention is to make a complete mockery of the whole political process. That perhaps he is a democratic mole there to sabotage the GOP and to play as fools exposing the moronic voter base for precisely what they are. Because so far it looks like that. I mean, look how stupid the voter base is. What is said doesn't have to be factual. It doesn't even have to be logical. It just has to sound good to them. How do people maintain this kind of bias and intellectual dishonesty day in day out. Just me trying to process this hurts - and these people are like this every damn day.

Exhibit A: Too many illegal Mexicans - Obama sucks. Mexicans leaving? Cuz Obummer made the economy suck. Obama sucks.

Essentially what we have is a constant shifting of the goal posts where you're never satisfied regardless of what happens.

bfqnew.jpg

4 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Right about now  is when we need polls updated post anti-Muslim comments.
I really want to see what those comments did for him.

According to a poll released today, Donald Trump has soar to his highest level ever among Republicans.  The latest controversy has not hurt him at all.   He is doing even better.

From CNN:

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has hit a new milestone in national polling, garnering 41% of the Republican vote in a new national poll.

Trump is at 41% in a Monmouth University poll out Monday, holding a wide advantage over his GOP challengers. His support was up from 28% in October.

In second was the rising Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, at 14%; followed by Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, at 10%. Ben Carson was at 9%, down 9 points from October, and all other candidates were in the low single digits.

Cruz and Rubio both were up 4 points since October's poll, a shift within the poll's margin of sampling error.

The candidates are heading into their next Republican debate on Tuesday in Las Vegas, hosted by CNN.

Apparently, the trend of Trump's surge in polling after saying something ridiculous is catching on. Ben Carson has released a "plan" called "Seven Steps to a Safer America". Point #6 calls for armed military and National Guard patrols on the US-Canada border. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ben-carson-wants-u-s-troops-patrolling-canadian-border-1.3366179

My guess is that he expects it to keep out our much stronger beer, which the average American obviously can't handle.

And before anyone writes this off as the raving of an obvious member of the lunatic fringe, a recent Bloomberg poll found that 41% of Americans would support a wall being built on the Canadian border. http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/wall-canadian-border-poll-scott-walker-1.3242383

Actually, it would be a good way to put all those illegal Mexicans to work....

On December 15, 2015 at 7:06 AM, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

The people in the US like him because he isn't a politician. I know Dems who will vote for Sanders over Trump but not Clinton over Trump. He may just win. The more chaos caused in the world between now and the election will likely help him. 

I think the main reason Americans like him is because he's literally insane. That's relatable for many Americans, apparently.

Serious question. Do politicians have to take drug tests? Or any sort of psychological evaluations? By someone other than their own doctors? 

Seems kind of weird if they don't. Public servant and all. 

This is a note from Trump's doctor stating he "will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency".

2F5FC9AC00000578-3359752-image-a-1_14501

Archived