The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#Fankly Speaking w/ Prust on Canucks Collapse

Warhippy

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

For a 4th line face puncher/groin stabber to rip his team "wide open" to the media after a humiliating loss. Would be career suicide. Prust isn't a guy who is gonna shoulder this team and carry us into the promised land (playoffs) he's a role player and right now his role is to give the blandest most boring interview possible  and not give this insane hockey media market anything juicy to talk about. Job well done Prusty.

Yeah I don't really see what people want from him.  It's just a standard cliche hockey interview.  It's just hockey culture haha.  Just because he's giving juicy soundbites doesn't mean they aren't working on the problem.  

1 hour ago, jmahyoung said:

Just curious, what would you expect from him as a fully honest answer? "I hate Vancouver, I hate the fans, and I especially hate the people on the Canucks message boards. I demand a trade ASAP. I don't want to play hockey but enjoy the cushy lifestyle my contract affords me." Does that sound more honest to you?

That would be hilarious, actually. Especially if he lost it on the CDC and named names.

I think what Warhippy means is that Prust could have been a bit more specific as to what the issues are. The cliché riddled interview is a dime a dozen.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

For a 4th line face puncher/groin stabber to rip his team "wide open" to the media after a humiliating loss. Would be career suicide. Prust isn't a guy who is gonna shoulder this team and carry us into the promised land (playoffs) he's a role player and right now his role is to give the blandest most boring interview possible  and not give this insane hockey media market anything juicy to talk about. Job well done Prusty.

The whole Canucks use of Prust seems to be a case of Smoke and Mirrors.

The Canucks started the season with Bo on their Calendar and McCann on the superskills  promo. Both have struggled.  That has now changed to Virtanen who is not currently with the team.

So Prust seem like the "go to" media guy. whether by design or default Prust is everywhere.

He Tweets Bobby Farnham, stabs the Rat, he tours the plane, his dad is on the Canuck home page and his face is on today's game day post as well.  It seems that Prust IS the face of the franchise for 2015.  And yet he is not likely to last the season.  In the greater scheme of things he will go down in Canuck history somewhere between Sami Paulson and David Booth.

Maybe his greatest contribution to Canuckville will be deflecting criticism away from our rookies.

TSN: We’re 32 games into the season. Is this team a playoff team in your mind?

Prust: “Yeah, for sure. We haven’t been playing great lately. Fortunately enough, there’s still a lot of time to turn things around. We’re not too far out. I think it’s just a few simple adjustments. We have to realize as bad as things have been lately, we can still turn this thing around and start making a push.”

Hahaha this terrible team is so done and not suited for the playoffs....  The media guys must have to fight back the chuckles when they ask "Is this a playoff team?"

beating-a-dead-horse-call-me-maybe.jpg

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That would be hilarious, actually. Especially if he lost it on the CDC and named names.

I think what Warhippy means is that Prust could have been a bit more specific as to what the issues are. The cliché riddled interview is a dime a dozen.

That's exactly what I meant.

With the issues surrounding the team I'd have loved an insiders view as to wtf they think is going on as opposed to cheery positive attitude love it love him love this love that nonsense.

Prust is supposed to be a smart guy, leader and is supposed to be as tough off the ice as on it.  I was rather hoping for some honest insight instead of simply the exact same thing we hear in the post game pressers after every loss.

I don't expect him to commit career suicide or burn the fans and team doing it.  I just expected something different from prust as opposed to more of the same

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

Prust has been one of our better bottom-9 players this year. And he's saying all the right things - not much more he can say.

Yes he says all the right things, too bad he can't DO the right things. Not much more he can say, a lot more he could do if he had the ability.

Archived