The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#Fankly Speaking w/ Prust on Canucks Collapse

Warhippy

Just now, Delta76 said:

Saying what he is supposed to say. Does he really believe we are a playoff team?

That said, I don't think a fourth liner like Prust is someone who should be calling the team out. IMO only the Sedins and Miller are the ones that should be calling the team out. They are the ones keeping us in it every night and receiving no support. You can't call the team out if you aren't playing up to standard. 

Hear, hear!

Boys, everyone needs to relax,  Gillis Regime left the cupboards totally empty.

We are going to be bottom feeders for a few years until Benning can draft us a beauty.

There are no shortcuts when you have a lost decade of prospects.  

We have the most negative fanbase and worst media in the show.  At a certain level we are reaping what we sow.

This ownership group needs to wake the F up and give management the free light to blow this puddle of soft garbage up.

Anybody that is getting fired up over this team is a buffoon, anyone with a clue has seen the writing on the wall for a while now.

The only thing pissing me off about this team is the fact that floaters like Higgins,Vrbata and Burrows haven't been benched yet.

This twitchy rookie coach is looking worse by the day.

Rather watch Gaunce, Shink and Grenier than these overpaid ghosts.

Sit back , roll up some bomb kush and forget about the Canucks being competitive any time soon, the defence is horrific, we have a second pairing in Tanev and Edler and nothing else. if this was English Premiere league the Canucks would be relegated to the AHL.

Relax and prey that those clowns don't go on a run after they've been eliminated from the playoffs and play themselves out of a top draft pick, thats the next poison pill the Canucks fan base should prep for.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That interview is about as cliché riddled as they come. It would have been a much better interview had a question been posed to Prust regarding his comments on 1040 a few weeks back.

If you want an accurate and honest assessment of where the team is, listen to the Ferraro interview on TSN. Ray nails it very well.  The team is not fast, but not slow; not big but not small; not tough but not soft.  It has no identity and Sedins aside, not very talented.  Their dearth of success with draft picks since 2011 and before and the strategy of trading away picks to win now is coming back to roost and they have no one currently able to step in and play meaningful roles. 

They have a bunch of declining vets that no one wants.  As he says, if the fans can see how ineffective Burrows, Hammer, Higgins etc are, so can the scouts for other teams and with everyone facing cap issues, no one is taking on those contracts.   It will take time, good drafting and luck to fill the gaping holes in this line up.

WE can talk about energy and compete level and that certainly would help but if you are a player and you know you don't have the horses to compete, it is very discouraging and it shows with the on-ice product.

Prust is a team guy and his interview shows that.  The fact is, this is a very mediocre team that is trying to re-build while staying competitive and it doesn't have the resources to do it.  As Ferraro says, ownership would get better support from fans if they just admitted it was going to be ugly and a complete re-build aka Toronto.  Suggesting this team can compete or is a playoff team is just blowing smoke.

24 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Boys, everyone needs to relax,  Gillis Regime left the cupboards totally empty.

We are going to be bottom feeders for a few years until Benning can draft us a beauty.

There are no shortcuts when you have a lost decade of prospects.  

We have the most negative fanbase and worst media in the show.  At a certain level we are reaping what we sow.

This ownership group needs to wake the F up and give management the free light to blow this puddle of soft garbage up.

Anybody that is getting fired up over this team is a buffoon, anyone with a clue has seen the writing on the wall for a while now.

The only thing pissing me off about this team is the fact that floaters like Higgins,Vrbata and Burrows haven't been benched yet.

This twitchy rookie coach is looking worse by the day.

Rather watch Gaunce, Shink and Grenier than these overpaid ghosts.

Sit back , roll up some bomb kush and forget about the Canucks being competitive any time soon, the defence is horrific, we have a second pairing in Tanev and Edler and nothing else. if this was English Premiere league the Canucks would be relegated to the AHL.

Relax and prey that those clowns don't go on a run after they've been eliminated from the playoffs and play themselves out of a top draft pick, thats the next poison pill the Canucks fan base should prep for.

Pretty close - current TSN ranking has us below the Leafs!

Vancouver Canucks

11-12-8 This Week: 28 Last Week: 27

32 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

Prust is the least of our worries.  For the most part our 4th line has done their job.  Okay, so he hasn't fought as much, he is still 3rd in the league in fights.  You wanna bring up floating?  Then talk of Higgins, Burrows and, especially, VrFart Batatter.  At least Prust will offset a defensive blunder with creating a couple of chances with his line consistently. 

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

The problems are:

A core peppered with terminally broken chronic losers.  2011 shattered these guys.  They should have been disassembled immediately.

Coupled with an unfettered culture of no look back passes by mainly untalented plugs, and you have a complete disaster on your hands. The Sedins can do it, sometimes.  Everyone else?  Not so much.  Is it coaching that needs to get rid of this idiocy? Or is it the Sedins that need to tell everyone else to quit it the hell out?  What ever happened to North/South hockey?  What ever happened to two lines that just hit?

A culture of whining at the refs that even if mostly gone, is still plaguing the team.  The shadow of Gillis still looms large.  And any team with Burrows is going to get the brown end of the stick more times than not.

I don't know how the Canucks are coached because I have never seen a practice.  But I can see the results on the ice.  The PP and the PK are a joke.  Gulutzan was a head coach in this league, how?  What exactly is the system the Canucks have?  Off the glass and out is not a system.

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If you want an accurate and honest assessment of where the team is, listen to the Ferraro interview on TSN. Ray nails it very well.  The team is not fast, but not slow; not big but not small; not tough but not soft.  It has no identity and Sedins aside, not very talented.  Their dearth of success with draft picks since 2011 and before and the strategy of trading away picks to win now is coming back to roost and they have no one currently able to step in and play meaningful roles. 

They have a bunch of declining vets that no one wants.  As he says, if the fans can see how ineffective Burrows, Hammer, Higgins etc are, so can the scouts for other teams and with everyone facing cap issues, no one is taking on those contracts.   It will take time, good drafting and luck to fill the gaping holes in this line up.

WE can talk about energy and compete level and that certainly would help but if you are a player and you know you don't have the horses to compete, it is very discouraging and it shows with the on-ice product.

Prust is a team guy and his interview shows that.  The fact is, this is a very mediocre team that is trying to re-build while staying competitive and it doesn't have the resources to do it.  As Ferraro says, ownership would get better support from fans if they just admitted it was going to be ugly and a complete re-build aka Toronto.  Suggesting this team can compete or is a playoff team is just blowing smoke.

Yeah, Ray stole all that from me.  I said all that first.

36 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

Saying what he is supposed to say. Does he really believe we are a playoff team?

That said, I don't think a fourth liner like Prust is someone who should be calling the team out. IMO only the Sedins and Miller are the ones that should be calling the team out. They are the ones keeping us in it every night and receiving no support. You can't call the team out if you aren't playing up to standard. 

Poetry.

Pure poetry.

Thank you.

It would be incredible to hear them call out specific players, though it would probably never happen from the Sedins.  Miller has a little bit of a history calling out specific players....

15 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Very true. The team lacks an identity. They are as average as they come. I don't think that they need to tear it down completely, and that's where I differ with Ray.

The Sedins are here until the end, and are still difference makers.

A few trades to move the old core passengers out and replace them with some role players will help.

Some significant acquisitions via trade and FA signings will help.

Complete tear down = bad.

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

The problems are:

A core peppered with terminally broken chronic losers.  2011 shattered these guys.  They should have been disassembled immediately.

Coupled with an unfettered culture of no look back passes by mainly untalented plugs, and you have a complete disaster on your hands. The Sedins can do it, sometimes.  Everyone else?  Not so much.  Is it coaching that needs to get rid of this idiocy? Or is it the Sedins that need to tell everyone else to quit it the hell out?  What ever happened to North/South hockey?  What ever happened to two lines that just hit?

A culture of whining at the refs that even if mostly gone, is still plaguing the team.  The shadow of Gillis still looms large.  And any team with Burrows is going to get the brown end of the stick more times than not.

I don't know how the Canucks are coached because I have never seen a practice.  But I can see the results on the ice.  The PP and the PK are a joke.  Gulutzan was a head coach in this league, how?  What exactly is the system the Canucks have?  Off the glass and out is not a system.

It is when your defense looks like ours and your forwards are thinking about the margaritas they'll be sipping at the conclusion of game 82.

Just now, bobbyg43 said:

can we call him cut n paste Ray now? 

Does he not get paid for comming up with his own stuff? if so he owes you a commission

I know.  But every time I send him a ransom reminder letter, he calls the police.  He does not appreciate the new computer voice software I have for my phone, he hangs up and calls the police.  When I took Landon for a weekend about ten years back, boy was he angry.  Complete misunderstanding there.  I apologized but I just don't get it.  He won't give me my money!

For a 4th line face puncher/groin stabber to rip his team "wide open" to the media after a humiliating loss. Would be career suicide. Prust isn't a guy who is gonna shoulder this team and carry us into the promised land (playoffs) he's a role player and right now his role is to give the blandest most boring interview possible  and not give this insane hockey media market anything juicy to talk about. Job well done Prusty.

Archived