The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Eklund reporting we are in on Johansen

aliboy

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Considering how Torts was wrong about many players on the Canucks, Johansen may not be a bad pick up. But since Johansen is a Center and that Henrik and Sutter is not going anywhere, this leaves either Horvat or McCann will be one of the players moving to Columbus. Looking at the market nowadays, it is likely the Blue Jacket's asking price will be a young prospect with a first rounder thrown in. Seeing Johansen really only had 2 good years out if 5 I'm not so sure Johansen is worth it.

You do know he's only 23 year with a 70 point season already right?

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Anyone could score 50 playing with Joe Thornton in his prime...that was such a terrible comparison...

There were many players who played with Joe Thornton in his prime that did not score 50.

Cheechoo was the only one who did.

So no, it's not a bad comparison.

50 minutes ago, brownky said:

And Cheechoo scored 50.

Past performance does not necessarily indicate future ability.

The mental approach to the game is almost as important as physical skills and conditioning. When you have a problem with 3 or 4 coaches over attitude it does send up red flags. The other side of the argument  is that there are a number of NHLer's who wanted out of Columbus.

Any speculation here hardly has any knowledge of the real situation.  

53 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

if we were to trade for him it would have been done by now is my thoughts!

I think it would most likely be a trade deadline deal. However, I highly doubt we're getting him either way. Unless if Benning does some big-time magic, I can only see Johansen having a big price tag that we aren't in the mix for.

Archived