The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Eklund reporting we are in on Johansen

aliboy

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

if we could move sutter for a return like johansen that would be awesome, would look bad on us giving an extension with a ntc and moving the guy before the contract even kicks in, has that been done?

I think they would want Virtanen/boeser on top of Sutter though

He was given an NTC as of his signing date to cover the rest of this contract as well as the new one. He'd have to agree even now.

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

They also have Savard, who already surpassed Murray on the depth chart.

Just like to remind people of the time when Snow offered every pick in that draft for the Isles to the Jackets for the pick that represented Murray.

Oh good times, good times

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just like to remind people of the time when Snow offered every pick in that draft for the Isles to the Jackets for the pick that represented Murray.

Oh good times, good times

He could have been trying to move up to draft Yakupov or Galchenyuk.

Either of those guys would have been a better pick than Reinhart. And so far they have nothing else to show for from that draft other than the picks flipped Reinhart for. Which I would argue don't have as much value as Galchenyuk or Yakupov.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

He was given an NTC as of his signing date to cover the rest of this contract as well as the new one. He'd have to agree even now.

Wow that is insane, these ntc and nmc are getting way out of hand for mediocre players. Complimentary player dont get me wrong but he hasnt proven to be so sought after to deserve a ntc but yet these ntc shouldnt exist period they make millions to play a game.

we aren't doing very well this season. I don't think we make the postseason. we will most likely draft in the top 5 in the 2016 draft. why would we give up on horvat. he's going to be a really good two way player for us. Johansen is good. is he good defensively? cause that's going to drive Willie crazy. I suppose anything is possible. but if we have to give up too much for johansen. I would say no. Columbus isn't exactly in a position of strength. I think if Benning is a smart man. he would exploit that. if he doesn't get a deal done. no harm. but at least he tried. the Canucks have been giving away picks and prospects for years. we have paid for it now. let's not do it again as we begin our rebuild. this is the time to hang onto our prospects and picks. a new core is being build as we speak. McCann. Horvat. Virtanen. Boeser. Shinkurak. Hutton. these are all core players moving forward. stick to the plan. be PATIENT with this team. 

i remember when Canuck fans wanted the Sedins traded when they were younger. calling them busts. now nobody wants them gone. they are Canucks for life. and they have done this franchise and its fans and this city PROUD. let's give the new core players time. be patient with them. Horvat is going to be an amazing player in his third or fourth season. same with McCann. and guess what. at that time. they'll have been still quite young at 21-22 years old. that'll be amazing. still young and will have 3-4 years of NHL experience already. 

we are entering into hard times. but we will be rewarded for our faithfulness. if we draft well. and develop even better. this teams prospects and picks have good NHL futures ahead of them. no rush. 

10 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

He's not worth selling the farm for. 

I kinda feel the same way. If he wasn't from Vancouver I don't think people would have nearly as much interest. That shouldn't be the determining factor.

We need to draft and develop our own 70+ point center. If we keep trading away good young players to fill holes in other areas, I don't think we'll have much success. We should be filling holes by acquiring picks and prospects for expiring contracts.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I kinda feel the same way. If he wasn't from Vancouver I don't think people would have nearly as much interest. That shouldn't be the determining factor.

We need to draft and develop our own 70+ point center. If we keep trading away good young players to fill holes in other areas, I don't think we'll have much success. We should be filling holes by acquiring picks and prospects for expiring contracts.

Hmm, on the Vancouver bit, it makes it slightly more appealing but overall the kid is 23 and a beast of a centre. He's also producing like a #1/#2 centre. The problem with drafting is that we got Horvat and McCann, both super great prospects but it's going to be a while before either get to the 70 point mark.

If we are getting Johansen then either Horvat or McCann would be going back the other way. Past that I'm not even going to guess on what else needs to be added too many variables in a GMs job lol.

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

Wow that is insane, these ntc and nmc are getting way out of hand for mediocre players. Complimentary player dont get me wrong but he hasnt proven to be so sought after to deserve a ntc but yet these ntc shouldnt exist period they make millions to play a game.

I don't believe 'complimentary' was the word Benning used to describe him... ^_^

But back to Johansen, if we get the 1st overall somehow, I highly doubt Benning would trade Matthews for Johansen - especially if we have to add. Maybe if we moved the 1st and another more secondary piece and could get Murray as has been suggested but I doubt Columbus would bite at that.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I don't believe 'complimentary' was the word Benning used to describe him... ^_^

But back to Johansen, if we get the 1st overall somehow, I highly doubt Benning would trade Matthews for Johansen - especially if we have to add. Maybe if we moved the 1st and another more secondary piece and could get Murray as has been suggested but I doubt Columbus would bite at that.

Honestly I don't think CBJ have any interest in adding picks other than maybe to sweeten the pot a bit. Too much risk right now for us to trade the first at the moment.

12 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

My God, Canucks fans are delusional!...

A 23 year old first-line center - and you people seem to think that you can get him for our injured 3rd line non-offensive center???  Or Hamhuis???  Or Tanev???

Give your heads a shake people!

Tanev is so underrated it's almost criminal. Tanev, Horvat/McCann, and next years 1st should be more than enough. Let them keep their Torts 2nd too if need be. 

42 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

My God, Canucks fans are delusional!...

A 23 year old first-line center - and you people seem to think that you can get him for our injured 3rd line non-offensive center???  Or Hamhuis???  Or Tanev???

Give your heads a shake people!

90% of the offers so far in this thread have been horvat/McCann, a first and Tanev. So no idea where you picked those players out your butt from. Not only would that trade land him but I'm my opinion is overpaying. Our first could be money in the bank and tanev is one of the most underrated defensemen in the entire NHL.

2 hours ago, shayster007 said:

90% of the offers so far in this thread have been horvat/McCann, a first and Tanev. So no idea where you picked those players out your butt from. Not only would that trade land him but I'm my opinion is overpaying. Our first could be money in the bank and tanev is one of the most underrated defensemen in the entire NHL.

i saw 1 person post something stupid so that makes you and everyone else on here stupid!!

don't bother arguing because i'm too obtuse to even consider a much broader view point and will never back down from my opinion because opinions are never incorrect

-- Said many of CDC'rs

19 hours ago, elvis15 said:

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1626 (under his current contract)

I just want to point out that they cite General Fanager as the source for that info so not sure how legit it is.

Clauses
Full NTC appended to final year of contract when player signed extension in 2015.
Source:

General Fanager

I mean they say they got the info from them selves...?

Considering how Torts was wrong about many players on the Canucks, Johansen may not be a bad pick up. But since Johansen is a Center and that Henrik and Sutter is not going anywhere, this leaves either Horvat or McCann will be one of the players moving to Columbus. Looking at the market nowadays, it is likely the Blue Jacket's asking price will be a young prospect with a first rounder thrown in. Seeing Johansen really only had 2 good years out if 5 I'm not so sure Johansen is worth it.

Archived