The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Cannata

Mackcanuck

It's nice to see a Canucks pick from 2009 on the roster... alebit only as a fill in backup for an injured goalie for most likely only a game or two. Who knows, maybe if Miller's injury persists the coaching staff will put more faith in him to start a game over, say, that ridiculous streak where they refused to put Bachman in net?

Either way, this is the right call. Let Miller rest/recoup from his injury -- give Cannata an NHL paycheque for the next week or so -- and give Markstrom a start or two. Even if the Canucks lose, it's still a win/win/win for those three goalies.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

reg season means nothing  wait til they are out in  first or second round  hawks blues kings will destroy stars 

Pretty ignorant of you to say that the Stars don't have a decent goalie when Lehtonen is 11-2 and Niemi 14-5-2 and they are one of the top if not the top team in the West as of right now.

js.

13 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Cannata is a beer league goalie at best, hopefully Marky gets the $&!#s from some bad Gulf of mexico shrimp and JC delivers us another mathews point.  Double shift Weber and Higgins.

And your name is Positive Canuck. 

2 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I feel bad for Utica. We've recalled so many players from them this year.

Don't feel bad. It should be motivating in that dressing room knowing the chance to get called up is better than ever if you work your ass off every night.

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

They can be pretty bad. I had a lower body injury (cramped up in my hammy) a few years back pretty badly. It felt like a had ripped it. It took a week before I felt normal again.

Yikes...I get cramps all over just by standing/sitting in one position for too long.  But nothing that lasts a week.  I'm becoming an old man.

21 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Cannata is a beer league goalie at best, hopefully Marky gets the $&!#s from some bad Gulf of mexico shrimp and JC delivers us another mathews point.  Double shift Weber and Higgins.

What if Cannata pulls a Hammond?  If by some divine intervention from the hockey gods that this happens, that will put to rest your hopes for a tank, there Mr. Positive.

This is the beauty of sports...anything can happen. Honestly would not mind seeing what Cannata can do at the NHL level...kid was a great collegiate goalie and he's done well enough at ECHL and AHL...so who knows?  Give him a game Willie.

3 hours ago, gameburn said:

Miller is a bit fragile -- especially for a goalie.

He is 6'2 170lbs on a good day soaking wet in full goalie gear holding a 15lb bag of pucks. And he is getting old. you bet he is gonna be as fragile as your grandmas fine China. 

Archived