The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Elbow to Henrik's head in the first 30 sec.

Mackcanuck

Trevor Linden wont say anything publicly, nor will Benning. Why? The Canucks have no spine, from ownership down to the players. When you have to rely on Andrey Pedan to be your team toughness, its obvious that the team doesn't care. Injuries = automatic excuse.

Sedins have been pummeled for years now, I guess the Aquillinis don't really give a crap about 2 guys who literally printed money for them over the last decade. 

The nhl is bent, end of....

next stop is a head shot for toffoli....followed by a 10 game suspension for the guilty Canuck. F U NHL. 

I would fully support a move of the Canucks to the AHL...taking our profitable club revenue with us. 

40 years I've been a fan, the only chance the Nucks could win the cup is if the nhl starts to succeed in large American markets. 

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I've been saying it for a long time. Until the Canucks have a steady balance of team toughness from top to bottom they cannot play that style of hockey. You can have all the toughness you want on the 4th line or one bruising 6th defenseman but having a painfully soft top 6 and only 1 or 2 D that will actually staple a guy to the boards, and none in the top 4 might I add, allows teams like the Kings physically wear down the Canucks, especially in the playoffs which we saw last season vs Calgary. 

The only people that don't see it are Helen Keller and the Canucks management/ownership. 

Softest core  (TOP 6 TOP 4) in all of professional hockey,  any league.

Sedins-Hansen 

Beasrchi/Higgins-Horvat-Vrbata 

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

??????   seriously ? 

its a joke how soft this club is and has been since the Bruins exposed us in 2011.

ground hog day. every year its the same complaints, we pay thru the A$$ to watch an undersized soft team not only lose, but get bullied and quit after 20 minutes.

Its not the losses that drives the fanbase crazy, its the constant lack of physicality (Gillis/Bennings fault) and lack of consistent effort (coaches and players)

I'll take L's if I'm seeing the other team pay a heavy price, too often than not lately the Rog is like a massage parlour for opposing teams.

The Kings were laughing at the canucks throughout the game, don't blame them.  That was the usual joke after the first period.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

It's an issue the Canucks have had for years.  Do you think they can find some gritty players who can play and also have size?  There are a few teams, including the Kings, who's game plan is to go right after the Canuck skill guys.  When the Canucks answer, if they answer, they quickly run out of grit and often somebody gets injured.  Then the Canucks are in trouble trying to fill holes in the line up.  The Canucks so called grit response consists of Dorsett 6'0" (ya right) 192, Prust 6'0" 195.....even Bieksa was only 198.  The offending Kings last night are listed at:  Nolan 6'3" 219, McNabb 6'4" 216 and there are lots of other players over 210 (11 in total on their roster.....Canucks have only 3 that size including Pedan 6'5" 215 who is the biggest). 

Now I don't want a team who goons it up but when another team starts with them, they need to have an answer.  Dorsett and Prust are willing but they're less than average size for the NHL.  The response as it is now is not taken seriously.

Like the Redwings in the 90's when they were neck n neck with Colorado. Blood game was quite the statement! Thats what we need is a blood game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P4wg21mLf8

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

This is another reason to spend some cash on a player like Lucic and a D with a little nasty to his game. Clean house and bring in Gaunce and Grenier for next year.

If this doesn't happen i won't be buying an ice pack again next year.

Watching Higgins Burrows and Weber is a grotesque slap in the face to paying customers.

All 3 belong in Utica / Kalamazoo

12 minutes ago, HarryCanuck said:

The nhl is bent, end of....

next stop is a head shot for toffoli....followed by a 10 game suspension for the guilty Canuck. F U NHL. 

I would fully support a move of the Canucks to the AHL...taking our profitable club revenue with us. 

40 years I've been a fan, the only chance the Nucks could win the cup is if the nhl starts to succeed in large American markets. 

LoL imagine if Canadian teams left the NHL. It would crumble.

5 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Prust fought McNabb the first opportunity he got? The players on the ice during the hit were Henrik, Daniel, Hansen, Biega, and Edler.

Out of that bunch, Hansen is the only one I expect to step up immediately. Expecting Edler to do anything aggressive is wishful thinking, he's simply not interested.

Yet that's still not a good enough reason for "the majority" (as according to most of the loud minority defending him and attacking myself when I tried to say the team was better off without him.) to support us losing his poor excuse of a liability oof self. Our #1 D doesn't stick up for not only his friend but half of the twin duo who have probably earned him the difference between being paid 3m and 5m  makes me want to puke all over my computer screen and the fact that this isn't a supported view around here makes me want to shoot myself in the cranium. 

People criticize Higgins, a scrappy player who is defensively responsible, who  may have just not had his fair share of goalies recently, while completely refusing to acknowledge how huge the problem of Edler is. 

We will NOT EVER win a cup with a passive giant like Alex Edler in our lineup. It just won't happen. You have a coach in there who afraid to hurt the feelings of a guy being paid that much? We see him play lights out hitting one night and then the next he spends most of the game screening his goalie skating with cinder blocks attached to his skates. And because he is one of the swedes and most likely Hank and Dannys good friend he gets a pass......but wait!, he won't even stick up for them! 

I didn't think I'd see this day but I'm begining to question Henrik's ability to captain this team. He had his time and I respect him but this team needs someone else to take the workload and spotlight from him and form the new identity. It was obvious the game he was out was an audition for the new guys and we have two bright young men willing to give much more than Henrik has left in Horvat and McCann and I would be proud if either of them took over. 

38 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Trevor Linden wont say anything publicly, nor will Benning. Why? 

Because they are a whole lot smarter than you, have played the game at the highest level for a long time and both know it was a nothing hit that didn't even set Hank back for one moment. Biega stuck up for his captain and Pedan took on Nolan and Hank, who was choked by the hit, went around hitting everything that got into his sights. If anything the hit prompted us to play our best hockey of the game. Trev and Jim both realize that it isn't worth the fine to whine about a nothing hit and that complaining would only enhance our long time rep as chronic complainers (which we acquired in the Crowfish/Naslund/Bertuzzi era and have been trying to shed ever since). They also know that if you play a star player who is known by all to be hurt then your opponents will target that player just like we would if the tables were turned. Far too many people here seem to think that another "Bertuzzi" style retribution would accomplish something positive. Wrong.

1 minute ago, thema said:

Because they are a whole lot smarter than you, have played the game at the highest level for a long time and both know it was a nothing hit that didn't even set Hank back for one moment. Biega stuck up for his captain and Pedan took on Nolan and Hank, who was choked by the hit, went around hitting everything that got into his sights. If anything the hit prompted us to play our best hockey of the game. Trev and Jim both realize that it isn't worth the fine to whine about a nothing hit and that complaining would only enhance our long time rep as chronic complainers (which we acquired in the Crowfish/Naslund/Bertuzzi era and have been trying to shed ever since). They also know that if you play a star player who is known by all to be hurt then your opponents will target that player just like we would if the tables were turned. Far too many people here seem to think that another "Bertuzzi" style retribution would accomplish something positive. Wrong.

Not a nothing hit. It was a elbow to the face. Read a rule book.

2 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Not a nothing hit. It was a elbow to the face. Read a rule book.

...and poor Hank was taken off the ice on a stretcher, right? This just in: Hank isn't Naslund. He was fine and if anything the hit fired him up.

It was a high elbow that clearly didn't connect with much force. Should have been a 2 minute penalty. The refs blew that one just like they let Burrows high stick a guy in the face while only getting a minor and another Canuck (I forget whom) who clearly speared a King in the gut who got 2 for "hooking". So the officiating was weak both ways. Not worth whining about, especially considering the response to the hit by the team. Not the reason we got our butts whooped either. I say we save that battle for something far more egregious. 

40 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

LoL imagine if Canadian teams left the NHL. It would crumble.

Actually in all likelihood very little would change except that all the good players on the Canadian teams would leave Canada and it's 65 cent dollar like rats from a sinking ship and the "Canadian NHL" would compare to the American NHL the same way that the CFL compares to the NFL. Canadian hockey would be inferior to even the KHL IMHO.

4 hours ago, thema said:

...and poor Hank was taken off the ice on a stretcher, right? This just in: Hank isn't Naslund. He was fine and if anything the hit fired him up.

The result doesn't matter, it's the intent. It was obvious he was targeting Hank up high.

Edler got suspended for brushing by Hertl, but they said it was the intent. Double standards plain and simple.

1 minute ago, thema said:

Actually in all likelihood very little would change except that all the good players on the Canadian teams would leave Canada and it's 65 cent dollar like rats from a sinking ship and the "Canadian NHL" would compare to the American NHL the same way that the CFL compares to the NFL. Canadian hockey would be inferior to even the KHL IMHO.

Yeah with what money? You do realize that even with our weak dollar we bring in by far the most income. Easily. We keep $&!#ty teams afloat.

6 minutes ago, thema said:

It was a high elbow that clearly didn't connect with much force. Should have been a 2 minute penalty. The refs blew that one just like they let Burrows high stick a guy in the face while only getting a minor and another Canuck (I forget whom) who clearly speared a King in the gut who got 2 for "hooking". So the officiating was weak both ways. Not worth whining about, especially considering the response to the hit by the team. Not the reason we got our butts whooped either. I say we save that battle for something far more egregious. 

So untill its to late and someone is being taken off on a stretcher we shouldn't worry about players saftey? Priceless. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The result doesn't matter, it's the intent. It was obvious he was targeting Hank up high.

Edler gotta suspended for brushing by Hertl, but they said it was the intent. Double standards plain and simple.

The difference of course was that Edler injured Hertl. I love it when people constantly bring up ancient suspensions against the Canucks to "prove" their point. This falls into the same category as when Nolan ATTEMPTED to cream a Sedin and missed and people here STILL wanted him suspended for it. Give it up folks. 

Just now, thema said:

The difference of course was that Edler injured Hertl. I love it when people constantly bring up ancient suspensions against the Canucks to "prove" their point. This falls into the same category as when Nolan ATTEMPTED to cream a Sedin and missed and people here STILL wanted him suspended for it. Give it up folks. 

He was no more injured than Henrik.

It's hardly ancient history...And it is important because it shows a lack of consistency with the rules, implying there's different rules for different teams.

Archived