The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Elbow to Henrik's head in the first 30 sec.

Mackcanuck

Absolute BS Mcnabb is not suspended. Hey, anything to keep hockey thriving in LA right? First they make Gretzky move, now they let anything the kings do just slide. 

Props to Biega for reacting right away to that cheap shot, and props to Hank because the rest of the game he really ramped up his physical game and threw a few big hits. 

48 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Absolute BS Mcnabb is not suspended. Hey, anything to keep hockey thriving in LA right? First they make Gretzky move, now they let anything the kings do just slide. 

Props to Biega for reacting right away to that cheap shot, and props to Hank because the rest of the game he really ramped up his physical game and threw a few big hits. 

Please tell us how they made Gretzky move...

The lawsuit can happen, a fresh lawsuit by the players who suffered hits to the head and the players get no disciplinary supplement and the league could pay more for the steadfast refusal to discipline players and the court will see many examples such as last night missed calls and no disciplinary and use exhibit A as an evidence on the lack of the league actions could cost them dearly in term of $$$.   If the league discipline players even if the player is not injured will change players' action quickly.   Players will keep getting away with it until the league step in.   Maybe a lawsuit will get the league DoPS in shape quickly.  Until then, we will see same old story where DoPS don't do anything about it.   Maybe the owner can file a lawsuit for any disciplinary action on hits that don't result in suspension on a players' behalf to protect their assets.   I don't know much about the law but all I know that any illegal hit that is missed should be allowed to review any hits within the game and call penalties accordingly, rather than giving an extra penalty to Biega would go a long way to restore the integrity of the game.   Most of them all, I am tired of too many missed calls that go against both teams.   Even with two ref, they still miss too many calls.  What we need is a disciplinary system where the league has no control over it, not even a former players working for the league because that player might have a bias against a certain team from their rivalry during their career.

How does all of those on-ice officials and then the off-ice officials after watching slo-mo replay do not see a hit to the head as principle contact or at the very least an elbow? What lame excuse did they provide? I have heard every reason why a Canuck gets suspended and why players who offend against the Canucks do not over and over. Now are they just simply not going to say anything because they cannot even come up with a lame excuse this time? BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, The Game said:

Can we please just relax with the tinfoil hat conspiracy BS, please? Why would the league not like the Sedins? Why would the league want to punish the Vancouver Canucks. How would they benefit from not treating the Canucks like any other team? I don't get it. 

i lean towards what you say rather than others who say the refs and league are out to get us. i used to think that way but have kind of grown out of it. i do however agree that the league will not be as hard on certain teams/players. And i think there is reason to think that way with the many examples of suspensions and non suspensions for what is relatively the same incident.

The Kings defence are tough but they play on that dirty edge. They know how to shutdown the Sedins thanks to brilliant coaching and this is how - play them physical and dirty. It worked for Boston, it's working for Anaheim and Los Angeles still today.

That really should be a 3-5 game suspension - elbow to the head with no other contact to the body at all. The only reason there was no call or suspension is because Henrik is tougher than just about any other forward who would ever receive that hit and didn't lay on the ice like a ragdoll.

7 hours ago, coolboarder said:

The NHL does not care about good refereeing or a disciplinary supplement on a missed calls.   This showed me that they will go further to make this game to their liking on the expense of the $$$.   Even a game suspension will be sufficient.   What we need is an action toward the league with other means.   Maybe an investigation on the league like FIFA will go a long way.  This frustration is not limited to the Canucks fan but the league-wide as well for their fans.  They deserved a better called games, than choosing and pick any penalty, even if the referee missed them.   The Players Safety should not go under the umbrella of NHL branches, it needs to be independent from the league head office for this system to work.   The same for NHLOA, the referee is hired by the league, can easily manipulate the results so the referee needs to be independent from the league as well.   That's my take on this issues. 

IT'S TIME pro sports had an independent refereeing system. Accountability. Not worried about making a call at the expense of fans. Owners or players, just the right call. MBA ,NFL, CFL, NHL. I know it would never happen. But would it screw guys like Bettman. 

4 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

agreed.

i want to see Benning go get Milan in a few months and let the Sedins play out there careers with a freakig deterrent on their wing for once

Sedin-Sedin-Lucic

yes please.

Hate to rain on your parade, but Lucic already said he "loves being a King" and "wants to stay in LA longer". Doesn't sound like a guy who's so eager to sign elsewhere in the offseason.

And why would he? He's living in sunny California and his team is the incumbent darling of the league, just as his former team was. They are steamrolling the opponents with their trademark physicality and intimidation. The league unofficially approved Kings' style of play as a de facto standard of the new NHL, even though they often cross the line with dangerous plays like Toffoli's boarding on Burr and McNabb's headhunting of Henrik.

In other words, Lucic found a perfect team in Kings that fits him like a glove. He doesn't even have to use his own dirty tricks anymore, because the team already has more than enough scumbags who can perform those acts at will and get away unpunished.

Guess the following condition is written in very tiny prints somewhere in the contract, when a player signs with LA Kings: "Whatever you do, you'll never be suspended or fined by the league... unless you beat up your wife, smuggle drugs, or crack open someone's head with your stick repeatedly."

IMO the problem isn't the refs letting other teams take liberties on the Canucks, the problem is, and has been for years, the Canucks never give it back. They always turn the other cheek, be the bigger man.... NO!!

In 2011 when Marchand and the Bruins were up to their antics the Canucks went with the "make them pay on the power play" mentality and it got them nowhere.

When Marchand was punching Daniel in the head someone should have destroyed him and anyone else that laid a hand on him and it would have stopped, but its still happening to this day.

The biggest frustration is watching other guys do nothing. Someone said earlier that if the other team is going to target the Sedins, then we should be doing the same thing back to their "stars", I agree. I'm not saying go out there every game running their top guys, but if someone goes after ours, then its  on.

I'd like to see management ice a team of players who are there for each other. Guys who will go to war! If more guys played the way Dorestt does when it comes to looking out for his teammates, this team wouldn't be getting pushed around.

Too many NTC's hanging around being comfortable showing up and getting paid. Remember when hockey players were tough?? What happened to this team???

29 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Hate to rain on your parade, but Lucic already said he "loves being a King" and "wants to stay in LA longer". Doesn't sound like a guy who's so eager to sign elsewhere in the offseason.

And why would he? He's living in sunny California and his team is the incumbent darling of the league, just as his former team was. They are steamrolling the opponents with their trademark physicality and intimidation. The league unofficially approved Kings' style of play as a de facto standard of the new NHL, even though they often cross the line with dangerous plays like Toffoli's boarding on Burr and McNabb's headhunting of Henrik.

In other words, Lucic found a perfect team in Kings that fits him like a glove. He doesn't even have to use his own dirty tricks anymore, because the team already has more than enough scumbags who can perform those acts at will and get away unpunished.

Guess the following condition is written in very tiny prints somewhere in the contract, when a player signs with LA Kings: "Whatever you do, you'll never be suspended or fined by the league... unless you beat up your wife, smuggle drugs, or crack open someone's head with your stick repeatedly."

im not counting on Lucic coming here but i do remember him saying he loved Boston and being a Bruin as well :)

Kesler said he loved Vancouver and being a Canuck while he was at the same time literally watching via Skype Kurt Overhardt handcuff and sodomize Benning and the Aqualinis.

Lucic doesn't fit the Canucks corporate feel good cupcake model

Probably see Sam Gagner signed instead. #KumbayaCanucks

Archived