The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fish

Pure Class

Salmon is probably the best overall.

Tuna is really good when prepared properly and it's also a good emergency food. We packed 6 cans of tuna in a bag for the next earthquake because it's pretty healthy and an easy survival food.

Haddock is overrated. Too moist all the time - I like fish moist. But when it's flaky and moist it just turns into this pasty fish-clump in your mouth. Up yours, haddock.

Cod is like the go to fish n chips fish but it's better grilled. Do it. Do it.

Discuss.

Am I the only one that thinks Salmon is overrated? I know the salmon cartels and their lobbyists will stop at nothing to silence that opinion. They want us to think its the best and therefore worth a premium but Cod is better in every way at a fraction of the price. Wake up sheeple! They are trying to brainwash you into only buying salmon when there is a world of other fish out there to eat. Sablefish, Swordfish, Albacore tuna, Trout, etc. 

Fight the power, fight the salmon.

1 hour ago, Offensive Threat said:

Am I the only one that thinks Salmon is overrated? I know the salmon cartels and their lobbyists will stop at nothing to silence that opinion. They want us to think its the best and therefore worth a premium but Cod is better in every way at a fraction of the price. Wake up sheeple! They are trying to brainwash you into only buying salmon when there is a world of other fish out there to eat. Sablefish, Swordfish, Albacore tuna, Trout, etc. 

I have friends who are Native.  Nothing beats a freshly caught BBQ'd sockeye salmon in the summer.  That's really the only time I eat it and it's free. 

2 hours ago, Offensive Threat said:

You're not the only one.

overrated big time.....well maybe cos I ate so much growing up.  I think my dad was addicted to coho and sockeye.

now I prefer white fish (<-racist).... Halibut cheeks specifically. Any halibut though, snapper, sole are my favs....

is is still get salmon for free a lot.  I try to give it away or it ends up in my freezer.  Or bbq it when company is over....still really enjoy it smoked however.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Fish are full of worms and lice.  Man was meant to eat beef and pork.  Steak wrapped in bacon.  Now that's a meal!  Okay, cat is good tooB)

....only if it's bottom feeding or freshwater fish in shallow lakes....

or farmed.:sick:

real men eat any meat alf....that's why there is surf n turf.....

try a bacon wrapped scallop and thank me later.

10 hours ago, Offensive Threat said:

My wife is First Nations, so we get our share of free fish every summer. Salmon and rice is our "go to" meal when it's close to payday and the fridge is a bit empty.

Personally, I find it a bit too rich and oily for my liking. I much prefer halibut. (cheeks are awesome as riffraff pointed out) I also like Cod and Snapper when I can get it. (get your minds out of the gutter boys)

Archived