The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Higgins to CBJ

Higgins, CBJ 2nd, and Kenins for Rychel

CBJ has the cap for it. We give them back their 2nd to take Higgins at full value. Higgins could replace Kirby on the 3rd line left wing.

Kenins could join their 4th line and most likely out play Rene Bourque on the left wing. Rene contract ends this year as well, so they will have a cheap replacement for an energy line player. Adds some depth to CBJ and maybe Torts might have a few good things to say about Higgins as well.

CBJ would gain their 2nd back with a 3rd and 4th line player while moving a player who does not want to be there.

Same reason we chose to acquire Prust? Leader mentorship, If a trade wakes Higgins up and he reverts back to that guy who always gives 100% on the ice, It is always a great example to show the young guns what effort looks like. Higgins is still younger than Rene as well.

5 minutes ago, mpt said:

What does Columbus want with Higgins?  They want youth not an old guy for an impossible playoff run

Both Kenins and Higgins are Tortorella favorites, like Jensen is an AV favorite. This deal makes sense if you keep the 2nd. I wouldn't let a later round pick become a deal breaker though.

Good thing you fixed and put "proposal" in the title haha

anyways regarding your proposal, I think you might be onto something, but with any proposal it depends if the other team sees the same sort of value in the trade for both teams as we do. So yes this could happen cause Rychel could be had for a package similar to yours.

15 minutes ago, mpt said:

What does Columbus want with Higgins?  They want youth not an old guy for an impossible playoff run

Agreed, CBJ has no need for Higgins. They could trade Rychel for a 2nd without having to take on salary dump like Higgins. 

48 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Both Kenins and Higgins are Tortorella favorites, like Jensen is an AV favorite. This deal makes sense if you keep the 2nd. I wouldn't let a later round pick become a deal breaker though.

Uhhh.. Kenins never even played under Tortorella. Shows how retarded this board is. People just post without thinking all the time. 

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

Can we trade the Yannick Weber too? Torts used him on the fourth line some games.

14 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

Same reason we chose to acquire Prust? Leader mentorship, If a trade wakes Higgins up and he reverts back to that guy who always gives 100% on the ice, It is always a great example to show the young guns what effort looks like. Higgins is still younger than Rene as well.

We got Prust to give us the toughness we lost in Bieksa;  that's nothing like acquiring Higgins

15 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

Higgins, CBJ 2nd, and Kenins for Rychel

CBJ has the cap for it. We give them back their 2nd to take Higgins at full value. Higgins could replace Kirby on the 3rd line left wing.

Kenins could join their 4th line and most likely out play Rene Bourque on the left wing. Rene contract ends this year as well, so they will have a cheap replacement for an energy line player. Adds some depth to CBJ and maybe Torts might have a few good things to say about Higgins as well.

CBJ would gain their 2nd back with a 3rd and 4th line player while moving a player who does not want to be there.

Your post is actually insightful. Nice job. I have always thought Higgins was one of those players that gave it his all. It is time for him to go and contribute somewhere else. 

Archived