The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will there be a suspension..

Tavrohorvat53

Suspension?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen way worse checking from behind/boarding where players got 2 games or less.  So i'm not expecting much, 1 game or none.  Maybe the fact Henrik missed the rest of the game might warrant 1 game, but had he returned then for sure the 5 minute major would have been all there is.

I don't get the NHL for not penalizing checking from behind more than that.  To me it is the most dangerous play in hockey, head first in the board can cause shoulder injury, concussion, neck injury.  To me it is more dangerous than elbows, head shots and far more frequent.  Just my opinion.

Perspective is a funny thing...

I didn't get to watch the game because I was working, so the highlights were all I got to see. Based on what the highlight package showed, I'm quite surprised to see people saying that there was no response from the Canucks. I saw Sbisa, McCann and Dorsett all take extra shots at Tavares. In fact half of the package was Canucks taking shots at JT, while the other half was Miller making saves.

And can we please get over this "the league hates us" routine. It getting embarrassing.

Besides, what good does it do us if Grabovski is suspended?

Teams are taking liberties and disrespecting the Canucks, ALWAYS HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Once Henrik was out they were targeting McCann and Tanev, 

They sure better protect Hutton

I think this means it is pretty well a given that an offer to Lucic will be made this off season!

25 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I didn't get to watch the game because I was working, so the highlights were all I got to see. Based on what the highlight package showed, I'm quite surprised to see people saying that there was no response from the Canucks. I saw Sbisa, McCann and Dorsett all take extra shots at Tavares. In fact half of the package was Canucks taking shots at JT, while the other half was Miller making saves.

And can we please get over this "the league hates us" routine. It getting embarrassing.

So. I guess that hilite package didn't show the blatant and brutal lowball spear that Tavares stuck on McCann after the Sedin hit and was the reason that McCann, Sbisa and Dorsett took "some extra shots at Tavares" 

A dumb and dangerous hit, but not malicious intent. I'd hope they give him a game or two just to keep consistant with the message: When a guy has already turned his back to you before you're committed to the hit, you have to give up on making contact. Grab had 2 or 3 seconds to consider another course of action.

Brayden McNabb can elbow Daniel in the head: No Suspension. The reason? Well, Daniel got right back up, silly. He wasn't hurt, so 'no harm, no foul'

Henrik gets driven head first into the boards by Grabovski: no suspension. But why not? Henrik was injured and didn't return. Apparently it was a hockey play. 

Aaron Rome made a hockey play on Horton. They threw him out of the finals...for interference. 4 playoff games.

Edler makes contact with Hossa while reaching for a puck: now THAT'S a suspendable play. Because reasons.

They just spin a wheel and pick a result and random. Clowns.

24 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Pierre LeBrunVerified account‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

No further discipline expected for Isles' Grabovski for hit on H. Sedin. It was reviewed but sense is major and game misconduct sufficed

Same play to Ekblad gets three games for Hendricks.

So by this logic Grabovski should be getting a two game suspension after a one game misconduct.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I am sure the NHL asked themselves the same question when Moore hit Naslund.

I guess they are more confident now that NHL tough guys have gone the way of the dinosaur. 

28 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

A dumb and dangerous hit, but not malicious intent. I'd hope they give him a game or two just to keep consistant with the message: When a guy has already turned his back to you before you're committed to the hit, you have to give up on making contact. Grab had 2 or 3 seconds to consider another course of action.

No, no he didn't.  

2 to 3 seconds in a slow motion replay is about a second or less in real time.  Count out 3 seconds in your head right now, and tell me again that's how much time there was to decide.

Archived