The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will there be a suspension..

Tavrohorvat53

Suspension?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

They're literally laughing about it on the other forums. They think it's great that Henrik was injured, they only wish it was a more violent boarding incident. Not a chance Grabovski will be suspended.

Lol I'm sure of that. ... some fans need to stop this every one is against us attitude. It's childish.  And opposing fans are brutal. I would probably be happy if Sean Monahan got ko'd cause I hate the flames, in the heat of the moment. No need to be so offended of what trolls say online. 

Regarding the poll. As many have said, poll is flawed.

No supplemental discipline. 5 and a game is enough. Grabovski isn't a head hunter by any means.

Wether there was intent or not, maliciousness, resulted in injury or not, it still does not change the fact it was to the back when Henrik was in a vulnerable and unsuspecting position, the hit was dangerous and is exactly the type of hits the league is trying to avoid along with headshots. Somewhat similar to the hit on Ekblad (but to a lesser extent) where Henrik had his back to Grabovski, turning up the ice and not turning away from the hit. Just like Ekblad was turning behind the net and not turning to face away from the hit. The league needs consistency in its suplimental discipline and reputation/intent/injury should not excuse any player for being suspended for any dangerous play that the league does not tolerate. They already botched the flying elbow to Hanks head a few games ago which had every definition of what should have been suspendable and was not.

2-3 games seems to be the standard and I'd expect Mikhail to get something in that range.

Hendricks drilling Ekblad (3 games), Sill hitting McQuaid in the numbers (2 games), most similar hit would probably be Nesterov on McKenzie (similar distance from the boards, hit onto the ledge on the boards, from behind) and he got 2 games.  

If they don't suspend Grabo I'd like to see how the League would explain its way out of it.  

40 minutes ago, smokes said:

When the Islanders targeted Sedin the rest of the Canucks should have went after Tavares. Another missed opportunity.

I really dont think it was targeted. It was a hockey play with a bad decision. stuff happens really fast out there. I could see a fine at most. He needs at least a fine so if he does do it again it will be a suspension. Mcnabbs hit was a most def a targeted hit. 

3 minutes ago, fist2face said:

No suspension . the worst part of this is the was no retribution. 

Now there's where I need to give respect to McCann, at least McCann got into it a little with Tavares. The beautiful thing about that whole thing is that he steped up when they have been wronged and he went after players who were bigger than him. This kid has courage and I love the nastiness in him.

4 hours ago, meh_wassup said:

I felt like the game misconduct was enough for what the hit looked like. It was unfortunate but it didn't seem too predatory to me. What I regret however, is the lack of physical response by us on their whole team, especially their captain. They should've buried Grabovski into the ground and hammered their whole team with hits for the entire game after taking down Henrik. Sometimes players have to do some policing themselves and not leave it up to the league, especially a league as inconsistent as the NHL.

Anytime you staple some guy into the boards in that danger zone where they can't defend themselves, it is predatory.  Grabovski had all the time in the world to ease up.  Pretty much only Dorsett and McCann got it though.  When the other team targets your best player, you go after their best player.  The only problem is that they didn't go after him hard enough.

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well if they follow their own guidelines, it should be based on the result which was Henrik Sedin getting injured and now missing games.

I would say 2 or 3 games should be the result, but I expect the league to give a fine at most.

As far as fines are concerned, sounds right... Does anyone remember the last time someone got suspended for a player infraction that was inflicted against a Canuck?  I say this from a level-headed point of view, not as a homer.  I know there's 30 teams out there who make stupid mistakes and are punished accordingly.

Archived