The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks looking to move Hamhuis, Vrbata, Prust, Weber, possibly Burrows and Higgins

Odd.

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

contenders ...washington chicago  la   a return to nashville ?  there good on d ???  can't see it .

Good teams are always looking to get better. LA has already shown that.

You can never have enough depth in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good teams are always looking to get better. LA has already shown that.

You can never have enough depth in the playoffs.

i realize that, hamhuise has had some serious injures lately he,s a real family guy  very religious i think if they pushed him he would consider retiring  pretty involved with his home town.

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

i realize that hamhuise has had some serious injures lately he,s a real family guy  very religious i think if they pushed him he would consider retiring

I can't say I know what he would do, but I think like any player his age you want one last kick at the can to win a cup.

If the fit was right for him and his family I think he does it. Nashville would be one of those fits I would think. They just got rid of Jones and would probably want some extra depth on D. It is only for 3 months anyways, it's not like it's a life changing move.

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i realize that, hamhuise has had some serious injures lately he,s a real family guy  very religious i think if they pushed him he would consider retiring  pretty involved with his home town.

He's a pending UFA. What does pressuring him to retire accomplish? 

Just now, Sweathog said:

Dallas, Florida, Tampa, St. Louis are also possible destinations. I can easily see a demand for a guy like Hamhuis.

There's not going to be any demand for him at all unless he can get back on the ice and be effective before the trade deadline. Let's not forget how much he struggled this season prior to the injury. I honestly don't see s big return coming for him even if he does waive his NTC. But who knows. The market is tough to predict. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

There's not going to be any demand for him at all unless he can get back on the ice and be effective before the trade deadline. Let's not forget how much he struggled this season prior to the injury. I honestly don't see s big return coming for him even if he does waive his NTC. But who knows. The market is tough to predict. 

That's the thing, you can never predict the market. It all depends on the amount of quality D-men available, and how desperate certain teams are.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fetches a 1st, and I wouldn't surprised if the Canucks don;t get an offer they like and re-sign him.

The good thing is there's alot of teams that are close in the standings and looking for an edge. Extra depth on D could be a big difference maker for some teams.

he has value for sure , but they kinda upset the apple cart if they ask him to waive he likes it in van he,s home in an hour. he,s still an asset to the canucks given the ability to get a return off someone else   plugs like weber and barkowski and to a lesser extent elder

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

he has value for sure , but they kinda upset the apple cart if they ask him to waive he likes it in van he,s home in an hour. 

He's a pending UFA and the Canucks have stated many times they want to get younger. I'm sure he can connect the dots.

If he can give up 3 months of his life in order to help the Canucks achieve that goal, I don't see him being selfish.

If the Canucks are still in a playoff position in a month though, I could definitely see them re-signing him for another 2 years.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He's a pending UFA and the Canucks have stated many times they want to get younger. I'm sure he can connect the dots.

They have also stated they want older players to mentor younger players and for younger players to earn there spot on the roster. Hamhuis is our only "mentor" on the backend and he makes other players earn their ice time.

6 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I think the only way Hamhuis is traded is if he asks to be dealt to a contender, otherwise he is here to stay.

and thats the long shot he,s not going to ask for a trade this is ideal its why he came here.  lol there.

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Point taken with regards to his injuries. But I don't think his play was as bad as some people thought before he got injured. I think GMs still realize that he's still an effective shutdown dman. (When he's healthy)

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

They have also stated they want older players to mentor younger players and for younger players to earn there spot on the roster. Hamhuis is our only "mentor" on the backend and he makes other players earn there ice time.

I'm sure they consider Edler, Tanev, and Sbisa the new mentors on D.

New mentors that fit the right age bracket will probably be re-signed this summer as well.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I'm sure they consider Edler, Tanev, and Sbisa the new mentors of the team.

New mentors that fit the right age bracket will probably be re-signed this summer as well.

Non of those guys have the leadership qualities or experince Hamhuis does.

Just now, Gstank29 said:

Non of those guys have the leadership qualities or experince Hamhuis does.

Nope, but it's up to the coaches to develop young guys like Hutton and they seem to be doing a good job.

Willie has shown even with Hamhuis out that young guys have to earn it. I don't think that will change when he's gone.

sure chicago drops picks and play off bound teams drop picks but  this years draft pick, teams might not want to gamble on a guy they don't know if he resigns. given the value and all the other aspects of getting him traded i  think the canucks keep his value . high risk trade for some team.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is laughable. A 1st and a top prospect for a mid 30s winger on pace for under 40 pts and under 20 goals and not to mention a playoff no show.

If the shoe was on the other foot would you want JB to make a trade like that? I know I wouldn't.

Your proposals are always crazy but that one is pretty terrible.

Again I present you Erat for Forsberg.

Erat was on pace for a little above 40 points and 10 goals the season he was traded for Forsberg. Of course this means Vrbata won't command a 1st and a Top Prospect but either one of those would suffice.

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Again I present you Erat for Forsberg.

Erat was on pace for a little above 40 points and 10 goals the season he was traded for Forsberg. Of course this means Vrbata won't command a 1st and a Top Prospect but either one of those would suffice.

Erat had a really good track record though. 49+ points in each of his previous 8 years.

Archived