The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PGT)Canucks 4 - Pens 5

canucktican

What I don't understand is why the coach didn't put Hansen out there in the final minutes. He was our best player today but instead coach puts Vey ( who wasn't have the best of games) out. Then when they game is pretty much over, he throws Hansen out who scores. I don't really understand.

1 minute ago, CanuckianOne said:

I'm with you on that. I'm not a big fan of Vey, but that was such a fluke thing. 

He easily could have just swiped at the puck away from the net, it didn't happen quickly. But he chose to try and caress the puck instead. Unlucky I agree, But after something like that happens you have two options considering where his confidence would be after that type of play

put him on to help him regain his confidence (even though at that point it becomes a close game)

bench him for the remainder.

He chose to choose option 1 and because of that he ended up being the main focus of a sloppy change which led to another goal

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

13 road games left

Bo is on a roll, Baertschi too

Sutter coming back.

they might actually squeak into the playoffs.

Only to be bounced out in 4-5 games and everyone will be wanting that high draft pick we could of had!

I think if you guys are going to trash Vey you have to think about that last goal Miller let in too.  But Miller gets a pass because he has put in enough positive performances into our performance bank account that he doesnt get trashed for letting in a goal that i could have stopped with my couch pads strapped around my legs with twine.

Im not so concerned about Vey because they have replacements for him.

Im more concerned about Edler who seems too slow for the modern game and is one of our top 2 dmen.  They need to work on rebuilding that D.

1 minute ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

NHL needs to be smacked for these early starts. It's bad for the routine of the players and also for people watching.

I agree. I've missed 3 games this year due to them and I even looked ahead of time and somehow missed the early start. I could have sworn I read on cdc that it was at 5.

Edit 4 pacific

If it's anyone to blame for this loss, it's the refs for changing the complexion of this game with 5 straight penalties to the Nucks while ignoring infractions by the Penguins.  The Nucks were carrying the play but their momentum was broken by the constant penalties.  It turned out to be the difference in a 1 goal difference game.

12 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

Vey has been playing good. I'm not going to damn the guy for that.

WD however...Man, I am not a fan of him at all. His player deployment is trash

Vey's been competing harder than the past but still not on my roster if I'm WD because of how soft he is overall and how many times a game he turns the puck over and all his fails at getting the puck out of the zone.

Once Sutter is back in I'd rather have Zalewski very impressed by his face offs, excellent speed, compete level, play on the boards and very smart north south game.

Archived